cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED - iOS: Pandora buffers on cellular

1GregB
Underground

My Pandora will not play - only buffers when on cell service. Other apps work when on cell service. Called Apple & all is up to date on their end. Deleted app & reinstalled. Changed passwords. Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 5/16/23

We've received confirmation through the community and emails that this issue has been resolved. I'm going to go ahead and close this thread to future comments.

Should you experience buffering while on cellular in the future, please create a new thread.

Thanks for being part of community!

Pandora Update: 5/16/23

Hi all! I've been informed that a small change was made yesterday (5/15) that should help to resolve this issue with buffering on cellular.

Please try again and let us know if you continue to have trouble.

Pandora Update: 5/12/23

Thank you for those who have posted and alerted us to this experience with buffering while on cellular.

For any other listener who may be experiencing buffering while trying to stream on their iOS device and cellular, feel free to leave a post with the info below. Your information will be added to our current ticket.

Updates will be posted in this thread as they are made available to the community team.

Device Info:

• Device model:
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

23 Replies

aperezd55
Local Performer

I have same problem, it does not happen when I am connected to WIFI, it only happens when I am using ATT Data. Hopefully this helps the debugging team...

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @1GregB - welcome to community!

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation. Can you let me know the following info:

• Device model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

In the meantime, let's toggle off and on Cellular Data in settings to see if it will help re-sync things:

• Go to your iPhone Settings.
  • Tap on Cellular, then toggle Cellular Data off and back on.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

1GregB
Underground
Thank you for your help. Greg B

iPhone12pro, AT&T, iOS16.4.1 / Pandora Version 2304.1

bharding
Local Performer

updated pandora app, still having buffering when not connected to wifi, toggled cellular on/off uninstalled the app and redownloaded, reset network settings, not sure what else to do

iphone 13pro max 

ios version: 16.4.1(a)

pandora version: 2305.1

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bharding! Thanks for posting your experience, sorry to hear that you're also running into buffering when on cellular

Can you let me know your carrier as well? Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bharding
Local Performer

i have AT&T!

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info, @1GregB and @bharding. I have AT&T and an iPhone too - I'll do my best to do some testing today to see if I can replicate this experience.

In the meantime though, I've created a ticket for our engineering team to further investigate. If you notice any changes to your experience please let us know.

Thanks for patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Andersons4a
Underground
  • Device model: iPhone 14 Pro Max
  • Carrier: ATT
  • iOS version: 16.4
  • Pandora version: 2304.1
0 Kudos

gonzalez803
Local Performer

Same here. 
iPhone 14Pro

ATT

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andersons4a Can you please try updating your app to Pandora version 2305.1 and let us know if you continue to run into issues?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gonzalez803 Thanks for providing that info.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Andersons4a
Underground
Installed 2305.1. No luck; all is does is buffer and stall. That’s a very
recent update as I deleted and reinstalled the app yesterday before posting
here.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for trying that out, @Andersons4a.

I've passed your feedback along to the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Tomkitten
Local Performer

So what was the fix? it says “solved” when I clicked on this thread but I’m still having the issue 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tomkitten This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. 

Can you please follow up with the information @TannerPandora requested in his message if you are running into issues with this?

We'll need:

• Device model:
  • Carrier:

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Soccergk1987
Local Performer

I am having this same issue and I have to delete and redownload the app on my phone and it only works until I close out the app and then goes back into the buffering and won’t play

Device Model: iPhone 14 pro

Carrier: ATT

iOS Version: 16.4.1 (a)

Pandora Version: 2305.1

0 Kudos

Sheaj1arp
Local Performer

Did @AdamPandora come up with any solutions because I am having the same issues. I am able to listen to my stations on my computer but when I try to listen on my cellular phone I can not because it is buffering. I have deleted the app, updated my cellphone , and restarted the phone to see if that would help resolve the issue. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sheaj1arp I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Pandora buffers on cellular

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Soccergk1987 Sorry to hear those troubleshooting steps you tried out didn't work.

I've added your info to the ticket we have open with our engineering team as well.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos