cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: App Won't Accept Password on iPhone

gwspurch
Local Performer

I can log in on my PC desktop and I remain "signed-in" on my iPod, but when i try to sign in on my iphone it tells me email or password are invalid.  When i try to change password from the iphone, I never receive an email to change.   Same email and password for Pandora works fine on my desktop.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @genemahn. 👋

Please keep in mind, Pandora accounts follow the email address, not the device or phone number. You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password. This applies to both free and paid Pandora accounts.

++

Looks like you emailed our User Support team for additional help with your password. 

Please keep an eye out for their email so they can assist with resetting your password to see if that helps.

Thanks so much for your patience during this process! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
64 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @gwspurch thanks for posting to community!

Can you check on the iOS version on your iPod? The current version of Pandora for iOS requires iOS 11. To confirm the iOS version you are running on your device, open your device's Settings, go to General, About, and Version. 

If you are running a version older than iOS 11, you will need to update your device's operating system (OS). Please refer to this article on how to do that

After you've confirmed that you're at least on iOS 11, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

vapinto
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem. iOS is 13.3, restarted phone, reinstalled app.  Reset password on computer so I know that it's correct.  Still the same result. Any help with this issue out there?

solomonoverlord
Local Performer

I can't get on my Pandora on my cell phone, help

Moderator Edit: Edited format and title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @solomonoverlord Welcome to the Pandora Community! We’re glad you’re here.

Can you let me know  the make and model of your cell phone? Also, do you see an error message? If so, can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for the help! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @vapinto I've reached out to our User Support team to follow up with you on this. Please be on the look out for an email from them. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jspurr
Local Performer

Hi! Could they reach out to me as well - I believe I have the same problem. I have an iPhone 11 Pro, running iOS 13.3 also, I've installed/reinstalled the app, and rebooted the device. I've also made sure it wasn't a connection issue by trying both wi-fi and cellular data. I can log in to my Pandora account on a computer, but the app on my phone keeps saying the password is wrong. And I never receive a password reset email (checked spam and all mail inboxes). Thank you so much!

0 Kudos

genemahn
Local Performer

It's an Apple iPhone model Xr 

I can log on.  It doesn't accept the password.  The password works on my computer

0 Kudos

mbbaradur1
Local Performer

i have an apple se phone, i have a message that says, thnx for your interest, we are unable to accept your registration at this time. it works fine onm my computer at home.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @jspurr. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about this.

I've gone ahead and created an email support case with our team for you.

Please keep an eye out for their email. 📬

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @genemahn. 👋

Please keep in mind, Pandora accounts follow the email address, not the device or phone number. You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password. This applies to both free and paid Pandora accounts.

++

Looks like you emailed our User Support team for additional help with your password. 

Please keep an eye out for their email so they can assist with resetting your password to see if that helps.

Thanks so much for your patience during this process! 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @mbbaradur1. 👋

Based on your message, it sounds like you're attempting to create a new account on your iPhone SE device.

Could you try logging in using the same exact email address and password that you use on your computer?

Let me know if you still have trouble, and I can have an support team member help out with your password via email. 📬

0 Kudos

learich
Local Performer

I am having this exact same problem. We've tried uninstalling/reinstalling 3 times. I am running iOS 13.5.1 on my iphone 8. Everything works fine on my computer, just not on the phone. I've also been able to login on other phones in my household, but not mine. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @learich! thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble. 

A password reset from our end may help. I'm going to escalate this to our User Support team to investigate. 

Please be on the look out for their email reply. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

loreal
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue as above. I restarted my iphone, which is running software version 13.5.1 and can log in on my computer but not my iphone.The error states error no 9. I tried to reset my password but the email does not arrive, not even in my spam. 

I also deleted the app and reloaded it.

Please help!!

-Loreal

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @loreal. 👋

Very sorry for the continued trouble. A member for our User Support team has reached out to you via email. 📬

If you have further trouble with this, please don't hesitate to let us know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Rocketman1970
Local Performer

I’m having the same problem. I can login on my iPad but when I try and login on my iPhone with same username and password I get Error-1. IOS13.5.1 running on iPhone 8

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Rocketman1970 - thanks for posting!

If you haven't already, can you try uninstalling and then reinstalling the app.

If you've already tried that and it didn't work, then I would recommend resetting the password on your account to see if this will help. 

If you're okay with that, I can ask someone from of our User Support team to help with this and reach out to you via email. 

Let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

tpn
Local Performer

I can log into my computer but cannot log into my iPhone. It states wrong email or password. Software is current. I have turned off the iPhone multiple times, removed and reinstalled Pandora app multiple times. Country is US, language is English.  I am at a loss ant the moment.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tpn I moved your post to the iOS space since this issue sounds specific to your iPhone.

I am going to have someone from our support team reach out to you privately via email to look into this further.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝