cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: HomePod Stops After One Song

Esperanita
Underground

Hello - when I use Siri to play music on my HomePod (using Hey Siri, play Poolside Miami Chill on Pandora), one song plays and it stops. I have to keep asking Siri to play Poolside Miami Chill. On the other hand, if I play the same station on my iPhone and cast it to my HomePod, it play continuously. What is the fix for getting Pandora to play continuously on my HomePod? Thanks!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Esperanita. 👋

Nice to see you around the community, and sorry for any trouble this has caused. 

First let's make sure your software meets the minimum requirements:

• Pandora iOS version 2010.1
  • iOS or iPadOS 14.0
  • Apple Home app
  • HomePod Software Version 14.1

++

If you're still having the same problem, then please try the following steps:

• Check to see if there are any updates available for your HomePod and Pandora apps. Update both as necessary.
  • Restart your HomePod device.
  • Try unlinking and relinking your Pandora account.
    1. To unlink, open the Home app on your iOS device:
      • Tap the home icon at the top left of the screen
      • Tap Home Settings
      • Tap your iCloud avatar to view personal settings
      • Select Pandora and then Remove Pandora from Home
    2. To re-link, open the Pandora app on your iOS device:
      • Open the Pandora app on your iOS device.
      • Go to Profile and tap Settings.
      • Next select Connect with HomePod
      • Then tap Use in Home.

Let me know if this helps! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Esperanita
Underground

Hello - thanks for the quick response. That didn't quite solve my problem. Pandora, iPhone and HomePods were up to date. I am using my HomePods in a stereo pair, if that makes a difference. A work around for now seems to be to ask Siri to play the channel on Pandora and when it stops after the first song, go into my Home app, open the paused stereo pair HomePods and then press play in the HomePod settings. This is obviously not ideal, but doesn't force me to cast Pandora from my iPhone.

I'm open to any other fixes. To note, I have 5 HomePods altogether - two stereo pairs and a HomePod mini. I don't know if number of devices plays a role. I have been seeing the message indicating that someone else is using my account more frequently. I don't know if the Pandora app is having difficulty switching between my iPhone, iPad, HomePods, or Apple Watch - I frequently play Pandora on all devices. Thanks!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Esperanita Sometimes that error message can pop up when switching from one device from another. If that's what is happening, you can go ahead and disregard.

As far as the Siri commands, have you tried saying "Hey Siri, play Poolside Miami Chill Radio on Pandora?" Just want to be clear about the commands when I report this to our device team to find out more info.

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Esperanita
Underground

Hello Alyssa - that is the command I use. It plays one song and stops. I say it again. It plays another song and stops. I then go into the Home App, find the HomePod pair, open the settings, press play (since the HomePod knows it was last playing Pandora) and then I have continuous music.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Esperanita Thanks so much for sticking with me on this.

I've created an internal ticket with our engineering team to report this issue. Appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you notice anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you for your patience during this process! 👍

Kempfsc
Local Performer

I'm trying to use my HomePod to listen to Pandora on my MacBook Laptop. I open Pandora using Safari and select my HomePod in system sound preferences. Pandora starts playing on my HomePod. Every time a song ends my MacBook disconnects from my HomePod and reverts to the MacBook speakers. I'd welcome any suggestions on how to solve this problem. Just so you know, this doesn't happen when I listen to a playlist I have in iTunes.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kempfsc Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

First let's make sure your software meets the minimum requirements:

• Pandora iOS version 2010.1
  • iOS or iPadOS 14.0
  • Apple Home app
  • HomePod Software Version 14.1

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

This issue can also be specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, so let's start by rebooting your modem and router.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try the following steps:

• Check to see if there are any updates available for your HomePod and Pandora apps. Update both as necessary.
  • Restart your HomePod device.
  • Try unlinking and relinking your Pandora account.
    1. To unlink, open the Home app on your iOS device:
      • Tap the home icon at the top left of the screen
      • Tap Home Settings
      • Tap your iCloud avatar to view personal settings
      • Select Pandora and then Remove Pandora from Home
    2. To re-link, open the Pandora app on your iOS device:
      • Open the Pandora app on your iOS device.
      • Go to Profile and tap Settings.
      • Next select Connect with HomePod
      • Then tap Use in Home.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Kempfsc
Local Performer

Thanks for your suggestions, however, the problem is not related to iOS. I have no problems if I'm listening to Pandora on my HomePod using my iPhone and the Pandora app. It works fine in that case.

The problem occurs when I'm listening to Pandora on my HomePod using my MacBook Pro and Safari to access Pandora. Same problem occurs if I'm trying to listen to a music playlist on YouTube. After each song listened to on my HomePod the sound reverts to my MacBook speakers for the next song.

My MacBook Pro is running OSX 10.14.1  Because their are certain programs I regularly use that won't work on later versions of OSX, I can't upgrade to a later version at this point in time.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Kempfsc. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: HomePod Stops After One Song

We currently have an internal ticket open for this issue. I've shared your information with our engineering team. 

Thanks for your patience while they investigate. 🎧

0 Kudos

codepoet80
Local Performer

Also having this issue. Tried all the steps.

Pandora does this on other devices sometimes too...

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @codepoet80. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Could you share what voice command you're using when this happens?

What station are you attempting to play?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

codepoet80
Local Performer

"Hey Siri, play Postal Service Radio on Pandora"

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me with that information, @codepoet80. I've shared this information with our engineering team on your behalf. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos