cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: New Thumbs Up Ratings Not Added to Profile

EBTerry
Underground

My thumbs playlist is gone, some of my previously thumbed songs are no longer on the thumbs list, and new thumbs are not being saved.
This is probably 95% of why I chose to stay with Pandora: the history I created, and the fact that my thumbs up list was long... what happened?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
16 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EBTerry Nice to see you around the Community. 

Missing My Thumbs Up playlist:

I was able to restore this playlist for you on my end - it should now show in your collection again.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

New Thumbs not saving:

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device when this happens?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? I'd like screenshots of:
    • The Now Playing screen showing a new track that you are giving a Thumbs Up to
    • Your Thumbs list where you notice that new Thumb rating isn't getting added to

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

EBTerry
Underground
Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EBTerry In order to send us an image, you will actually need to open this Community thread in a web browser first.

You can then click on the camera icon located in the Reply box to attach the image:

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 8.55.25 AM.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In addition to the screenshot, can you also follow up with the additional information requested?:

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device when this happens?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

Thanks again for the help with this.

0 Kudos

EBTerry
Underground

Hi Adam,

*Sorry! I just pressed reply!

Thanks, the pandora thumbs playlist is back, I appreciate it.

I’m usually using my phone when I listen: iPhone 12 with Verizon. No error message. Before I joined the forum to ask for help, I did check pandora on my computer to make sure the issue was happening there as well (it was). I believe I used Chrome.
Attached are screenshots of a song I just thumbed up, and then my thumbs, without that song being added (I refreshed the screen, I waited, I even closed the app). It did not show up. However, I did notice the the thumbs number did go up by one.

IMG_9160.PNG IMG_9161.PNG 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EBTerry I took a look at your account on a computer, and do see that track was added to your My Thumbs Up playlist there:

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 9.32.50 AM.png

I also see it appear in your Thumbs Up list on your profile:

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 9.34.30 AM.png

To clarify, is that second screenshot you sent over a picture of what you are seeing in your My Thumbs Up playlist currently?

Thanks again for working with me on this. 

0 Kudos

EBTerry
Underground

Yes, the second screen shot is what I am currently seeing on my iphone (taken after thumbing up the song). Suicide Blonde is still not showing up on my iphone thumbs up list, but it is showing on the "My Thumbs Up" playlist. However, the number of thumbs in my thumbs list (not the playlist) is the same.

To clarify, all seems well with the thumbs PLAYLIST, but my most recent thumbs are not showing on my "thumbs up" list on my iphone. I have closed the app and opened it again, still no luck.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EBTerry Got it.

Just to clarify one more time, it sounds like after you give a track a Thumbs Up on one of your stations, it does not get added to your "Thumbs Up" list that you see in your profile.

While the number does look correct (647 which matches what I am seeing when launching your account on a computer), the actual track doesn't show up in the "Thumbs Up" list in your profile.

If that is correct, can you please try running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

EBTerry
Underground

Yes, we are agreed on the issue!

I turned off the phone, turned back on, uninstalled and reinstalled app. That last song (suicide blonde) is now showing up in my Thumbs List. However, I have tried thumbing up more songs, and they continue to show up in my Thumbs Playlist only, not my thumbs list. Also, the number is no longer changing. I thought perhaps it was because these were songs that had already been thumbed coincidentally, but this is not what is happening. I'm glad that they are showing up in the playlist, but it would be nice to have them on the normal list, since I don't know when my playlist will disappear again.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EBTerry Your My Thumbs Up playlist should not disappear moving forward, so any new tracks you continue to Thumb Up on your stations should still populate there.

This being said, I would like to report the separate issue you are experiencing to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 12
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Kudos

EBTerry
Underground

Device: iphone 12 Pro Max

Carrier: Verizon

ios version: 14.8.1

pandora version: 2110.1

I'm almost always connected to wi-fi.

I have not noticed any other patterns or notable information.

Thank you for your continued assistance. I really do appreciate it.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EBTerry I went ahead and created a ticket with our engineering team and passed along your feedback.

In the meantime, please continue to use your My Thumbs Up playlist to view new tracks you give a Thumbs Up since you aren't having any issues there.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

EBTerry
Underground

Adam, I appreciate all your help. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @EBTerry.

Thanks again for all your patience with this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Jenna_Merle
Local Performer

Hi, I'm having this problem too. I used to have a "thumbs up" playlist, which is now missing. i don't know when it left my account and I think this problem has been happening for a few months without me noticing it. I'm listening to pandora on my iPhone 13 pro with Verizon. I'm confirming on my profile that my thumbs up # isn't going up after I've "up thumbed" some songs and waited several minutes. I've closed out my app too and it didn't change the number.  

Other details:

I'm connected to wifi 

When I listen on my computer, it is with a Mac (yr 2020, Monterey 12.0.1) using the website on safari (version 5.1 (17612.2.9.1.20)) .

There is no error message. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Jenna_Merle. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience. I've gone ahead and restored your My Thumbs Up playlist from my end. 

In the meantime, I've reported your feedback to our engineering team so that they can investigate. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

EBTerry
Underground

I think the "engineering team" is where they send feedback to die.

0 Kudos