cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Pandora randomly stops playing

mormegil27
Underground

I upgraded from an iPhone SE (2nd Gen) to an iPhone SE (3rd Gen).

Now Pandora just randomly stops playing.  There is nothing else different from before except the new device.

(1) it is not some new app trying to use the sound, I haven’t added new apps nor are there any open that I didn’t have before the upgrade.

(2) I’ve tried restarting the phone and reinstalling Pandora, neither worked.

I like Pandora’s stations and am happy with the service.  Please help, nothing has worked.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

mormegil27
Underground

The safari thing may have worked.  After clearing the cache, I then attempted to reset the phone again.  After it restarted, now it has not paused play for over half an hour.  

If you encounter this problem, clear safari then restart your phone.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

mormegil27
Underground

I thought it could be Safari somehow hiding a site that’s trying to hijack the sound, and tried clearing the cache of safari.  It didn’t work but it might be something to try for others since safari is on all iPhones.

0 Kudos

mormegil27
Underground

The safari thing may have worked.  After clearing the cache, I then attempted to reset the phone again.  After it restarted, now it has not paused play for over half an hour.  

If you encounter this problem, clear safari then restart your phone.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mormegil27 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!