cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Songs Skip Without Playing

sgolaski
Local Performer

I had the songs constantly skipping issue on my iPhone 12 Pro but ultimately fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Got a 14 Pro today and nothing I do will fix it. I restarted my phone. I uninstalled the app, then restarted my phone, then reinstalled the app. I disabled bluetooth. I cannot get this issue to stop and I can't listen to any music. It's driving me insane. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @sgolaski. 👋

Thanks for reporting this issue, and sorry for any trouble you've experienced.

Based on your post, it sounds like you've already run through the standard iOS troubleshooting steps.

I would like to report this on your behalf. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 14 Pro
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Do any error message pop up when during the skipping issue?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

VTMTB
Local Performer

The app sometimes skips every other song on my Iphone, sometimes it endlessly cycles through them without playing at all. It was doing this on my previous IPhone14, I just got a new Iphone 14 and it's still doing this. The app has been reinstalled multiple times; it happens whether I'm plugged in via usb in my car, whether I'm using Bluetooth in my car or when I'm just holding the phone in my hands playing through the internal speaker. It also happens in online or offline mode (the whole reason I pay for Pandora is to have offline playlists for when I'm riding my mountain bike but if I can't fix this there's no reason to use Pandora at all).

This has been happening for almost a year now please help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @VTMTB. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience and sorry to hear about the skipping. I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Songs Skip Continuously Without Playing

Based on your message, it sounds like this issue occurs when you're connected to another external device via USB or using Bluetooth. Is this correct?

Please provide your device details so that I can share this information with the appropriate party.

• Device & Generation: iPhone 14
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Do any error messages pop up when during the skipping issue?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Dsteen
Local Performer

Whenever I hit the lock button on my iPhone whatever song I’m listening to will skip

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @sgolaski @VTMTB. 👋

Could you also confirm whether this happens when you lock your phone?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Dsteen. 👋

Thanks for reporting this. We do have an existing thread that mentions a skipping issue here: iOS: Songs Skip Continuously Without Playing - I have checked in with these community members to see if it happens when they lock their phone as well. 

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • Does this happen in offline mode?

Let me know as I'd like to report this over to our engineers. 🎧

0 Kudos

VTMTB
Local Performer
It does.

Thank you.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @VTMTB. I've added this information to the internal ticket we have open. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Rjames007
Local Performer

iPhone 13 Pro Max with iOS 16.0 with pandora version 2303.1 

music constantly skips multiple songs and with skip a song when I hit the lock button. Uninstalled and reinstalled twice and hard reset my phone with no fix 

0 Kudos

sgolaski
Local Performer

It did. I've postulated it may be because I was on WiFi at my office and IT has restricted Pandora now. I'm not sure that's the cause, but it's the best I can come up with. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing that info, @Rjames007.

I've added this to the ticket we have open for this issue. 

++

@sgolaski It sounds like you might be running into network firewalls at work. Sometimes IT departments decide to limit their user's access to music streaming services like Pandora. I'll add this info to the ticket just in case. Thanks for the update! 🎧

0 Kudos

SvKalben
Local Performer

I have an Iphone 14 Pro Max with the latest Pandora updated.  the app works great until I'm in airplane mode and the screen locks.  Once it locks the music stops playing and my songs start skipping fast. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @SvKalben. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. Your post was moved to this existing thread as it sounds similar to your experience: iOS: Songs Skip Without Playing

Your concern has been escalated to the appropriate team as they are currently investigating the root cause. Once I have an update, I will post on this thread. 

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience while they work through this issue. 🎧

0 Kudos

pokiboo
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue. It's been a few weeks now. I play thru Sonos and Nuvo both are skipping randomly thru out all songs. I have done hard reset, paid for premium/no commercial membership, increased internet speed. No change. I've checked all the settings in the streaming devices and I can not find a problem. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @pokiboo - Welcome to community.

To better understand your issue can you tell me a little more about your experience.

When this happens, is playback controlled through your Sonos (on the Sonos app) and the Nuvo interface or directly through your iPhone?

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. Since you mention this happening on two separate, very different devices, I would begin with some network troubleshooting to see if it will help.

1. First, shut down both of your devices completely;
  2. Then unplug your modem and router, wait five minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your devices back on and try Pandora again.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos