cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Songs Keep Skipping Through Without Playing

Cayden8487
Local Performer

Hey, I’m streaming music on my iPhone currently. I’m on Pandora version 2101.1. I’m playing the music over my iPhone speakers. My issue is that when I press play on a song, it skips through 5 or so songs and wont play the actual song I’m picking. It takes me pressing the button around 4 times to actually play my song. Can you please help?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Chris12lewis. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble. We appreciate you taking the time to report your experience.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Songs keep skipping through not pressing anything

It sounds like you've already run through the standard iOS troubleshooting steps.

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Cayden8487. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience.

Looks like you're enabling complimentary sessions of Premium Access. It sounds like when you're attempting to choose a song, this is when you experience the skipping. After taking a look at your Pandora account, I've noticed that you've enabled quite a few of these sessions.

• Have you received any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Have you received any messages about hitting your session limit? 
  • Does this issue occur when you're listening to your stations normally (not in Premium Access)?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Chris12lewis
Local Performer

Anyone figure out how to fix the random skipping of songs....so a little back story, randomly through song my music will all the sudden just skip to the next song and once it dies that one time it skips every song in the same place.... meaning if it skipped the song two mins in it’ll skip every song two mins in moving forward... until I crash the app turn off WiFi completely and reset my phone... I’ve even uninstalled and reinstalled the app five hundred times... I felt like it was a wifi issue with the app or something cause it seems that when I turn it completely off and do all the shut off it would work..... wrong even do all the stupid stuff it would work for a little then bam starts skipping songs on its own again... I really need some help with this one as I’ve been dealing with it for months... not sure what else to do but find a different platform..... sadly cause I love my pandora...

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Chris12lewis. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble. We appreciate you taking the time to report your experience.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Songs keep skipping through not pressing anything

It sounds like you've already run through the standard iOS troubleshooting steps.

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Zeeza
Local Performer

My issue is the same songs keep skipping I’ve deleted the app the downloaded it again same outcome. Still skipping. The only way it plays anything is on off-line mode.  
I’m frustrated because I really haven’t been using my Pandora because of this issue. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Zeeza It sounds like you've already run through the standard iOS troubleshooting steps.

• Carrier:

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos