cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Unable to Start Premium Access Session

jermbolajr
Underground

I’ve been using pandora for a while, and I’ve always been able to search up a song and listen to it by watching an ad. Same thing for whenever I run out of skips, I click watch an ad. However, I just got a new phone and the option to watch an ad for either of those doesn’t even show up. It just vibrates a couple of time and nothing happens. I’ve tried uninstalling and re-downloading and turning off my phone, but nothing has worked

Labels (2)
10 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jermbolajr I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps listed here: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this after running through those steps.

0 Kudos

jermbolajr
Underground

Neither worked, it’s still doing the buzz thing any time I try to click on a song or get more skips

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jermbolajr  I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Kudos

jermbolajr
Underground

iPhone 11 Pro Max

verizon 49.0

version 2201.1

Yeah, I’m connected to Wi-Fi, but it also happens when I turn it off, and there isn’t any other problems that I’ve seen

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jermbolajr I've escalated your report over to our engineering team so they can help look into this further.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

thighto764
Local Performer

When I search and try to play a song on my iPhone nothing happens. I believe it is trying to trigger the popup ad to watch, but no ad appears, it just does nothing. 

If I do the same thing on my PC, search and play the song it works correctly. I watch the ad and then the music plays. Once I have triggered the play session on the PC, I can then play any searched songs on my iPhone until the session ends.

Something is wrong with the popup process on the iPhone. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @thighto764. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience.

Have any error messages popped up when this happens? If so, what exactly does it say?

In the meantime, let's see if we troubleshoot the Pandora app on your iOS device.

First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

++

If the issue persists, I can share this with our engineering team. It's helpful to know:

• Your device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Hellafornialivn
Local Performer

I search a song & click on it to play it & it just makes the vibration letting me know that I clicked on on it but it does nothing & won’t play the song.

0 Kudos

cmeimgee
Local Performer

This answer doesn’t make sense. I just had the same issue. I upgraded to Plus yet I cannot play what I want. No pop up or anything, my phone just vibrates at me when I try to play something. Occasionally it tells me I need to upgrade to premium. Why? I just upgraded to plus which explicitly says I can search and play what I want ad free. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cmeimgee I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Unable to Start Premium Access Session

You should be able to initiate a Premium Access session by watching an ad, however it doesn't sound like the prompt to start the session is popping up for you.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps listed here: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this after running through those steps.

0 Kudos