cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent explicit songs from playing

celinda209
Local Performer

I need to know how to prevent explicit tracks from playing, but don't know how. Can someone help me?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@celinda209 You can restrict Pandora from playing songs or displaying ads with explicit language.

To block explicit content, from a computer:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Content Settings on the left, then toggle the Explicit Content setting to Off to block explicit content. Setting it to On will allow explicit content.
  4. You'll need to Submit your password in order to confirm your changes.

Once this setting is turned off, we'll restrict explicit content for that account on all devices. This will limit Pandora to playing only music and ads that could play on daytime broadcast radio. 

Note that this can only be applied to the entire account and NOT specific stations. Also, it doesn't apply to podcasts. You can identify podcasts with explicit language by a red "E" label in the episode title.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@celinda209 You can restrict Pandora from playing songs or displaying ads with explicit language.

To block explicit content, from a computer:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Content Settings on the left, then toggle the Explicit Content setting to Off to block explicit content. Setting it to On will allow explicit content.
  4. You'll need to Submit your password in order to confirm your changes.

Once this setting is turned off, we'll restrict explicit content for that account on all devices. This will limit Pandora to playing only music and ads that could play on daytime broadcast radio. 

Note that this can only be applied to the entire account and NOT specific stations. Also, it doesn't apply to podcasts. You can identify podcasts with explicit language by a red "E" label in the episode title.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

BeastoftheNorth
Local Performer

Does this only apply to radio stations, but not to albums?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BeastoftheNorth That is correct.

The explicit filter will only apply to songs that play on your stations; it doesn't apply to playlists you create, or those created for you by Pandora. Also, It doesn't apply to podcasts.

When you're curating playlists or searching for podcasts, you can identify explicit tracks by a red "E" label. To keep explicit songs or podcasts from your collection, avoid adding those with that label.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

grandma9n
Local Performer

While listening to Pandora-Elvis channel. A song came on that was very offensive to anyone. 
It used very explicit words about gay sex not sparing any words what so every.The voice mimicked Elvis Presley and a song he recorded about a girl named Marie. 
I really am offended and can’t think anyone in the gay or straight that wouldn’t be offended. 
I don’t think Pandora would want this image for the public. 

0 Kudos

Pambernhart
Opening Act

I don't like censorship so Pandora should play all music and if you don't personally like it then that is what the thumbs down button is for.  Being "offended" is subjective so you do not speak for ALL music listeners.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@grandma9n I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to prevent explicit songs from playing

Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how you can prevent explicit content from playing on your account.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos