cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Gender Options

JarfyxX
Local Performer

When creating an account for pandora I looked at the gender selections and lacklustered by the amount of genders I would like to see an attack helicopter options along with the addition of the pronouns I me and my. Really it's 2019 let's get more genders

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JarfyxX Thank you very much for writing and for your feedback. I'm sorry that our current gender options aren't sufficient.

I will most definitely share your message with our Product team for their consideration and let them know you'd like another gender option when creating an account. We're constantly working to improve our service, so this type of feedback is very helpful for us.

Pandora targets ads based on your registration information (zip code, gender, etc) to provide more relevant advertisements.

For now, you might consider selecting the gender that will most likely generate the kinds of ads you'd be interested in.

Of course, ad targeting isn't always accurate, so some ads may not be relevant to you. Also, keep in mind that some advertisers intentionally choose to deliver ads to folks who may not necessarily support their issue or point of view.

I hope this makes sense and that you'll choose to stick with us as we continue to evolve. Thanks for being a a part of the community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Listener001
Not applicable

@JarfyxX not sure if I should be offended or find this hilarious. Either way, you should check out the feature request board. I just spent some time liking some features I want to see. If it's not alreayd there, you should add it for a feature request. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JarfyxX Thank you very much for writing and for your feedback. I'm sorry that our current gender options aren't sufficient.

I will most definitely share your message with our Product team for their consideration and let them know you'd like another gender option when creating an account. We're constantly working to improve our service, so this type of feedback is very helpful for us.

Pandora targets ads based on your registration information (zip code, gender, etc) to provide more relevant advertisements.

For now, you might consider selecting the gender that will most likely generate the kinds of ads you'd be interested in.

Of course, ad targeting isn't always accurate, so some ads may not be relevant to you. Also, keep in mind that some advertisers intentionally choose to deliver ads to folks who may not necessarily support their issue or point of view.

I hope this makes sense and that you'll choose to stick with us as we continue to evolve. Thanks for being a a part of the community!

0 Kudos

awtn
Local Performer

I second this. its now 2020, why not at least included an other option for gender. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@awtn Thank you for your feedback around this - I recommend checking out our feature requests board and creating a post for your suggestion.

That way it will give others around the community a chance to upvote your idea and express their interest in getting the option added as well.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

Bellagirl
Underground

same I am non binary they them pronouns I don't want to have to settle to male or female

Mac

frenchkL
Underground

This feature "liking" option will not work for people who don't already have a pandora login account. This makes it harder for voting to occur, if people are offended by the policy and refuse to create an account as a result. I don't think you need to wait for feedback on this one... 

0 Kudos