cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Someone else is listening" Message

AlyssaPandora

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.01.21 AM.png

"Someone Else is Listening" Message:

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

While your Pandora account can be logged into as many devices as you like, they can't be playing at the same time. Regardless of your subscription level, the revenue from one Pandora account only covers the cost of one stream from one device. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Unauthorized User on my account:

If you believe this error message is popping up due to an unauthorized user accessing your account, and would like help with disassociating or removing any devices that are logged into your account, please contact our support team for further assistance.

At this time, listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts manually.

In the meantime, you can upvote this idea by liking this request if you want to see this as a feature offered on Pandora. 

Hope this information is helpful!

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @daleslad. 👋

I apologize for the continued trouble you've experienced. I completely understand your frustration.

"Someone Else is Listening" Message 📲:

Looks like @AdamPandora has already responded to your original post. As mentioned in the link provided, if you're receiving this error message and none of your other devices are playing, it's best to contact our User Support team for further assistance for this type of issue. This error message is triggered by multiple streams playing on your account simultaneously.

Unfortunately, we do not offer assistance for this issue over the Pandora Community as it relates to your personal account information. Sorry for any confusion that may have caused.

++

Community Posts 🖥:

Thanks so much for your feedback about this. In order to keep the community space organized, we move and merge similar messages and respond to each listener. Your post was moved to this thread as it's similar to what other listeners are having trouble with. 

You can find posts by category, threads, and in specific sections with the dates included. The posts you've created can also be found on your community profile for easy access. We're always looking for ways to improve our service and value your feedback. If you'd like to see more specific updates to the Pandora Community, we field all feature requests here

++

Assistance with your inquiry :

Someone from our User Support team will be in touch via email regarding your issue. Please keep an eye out for their message. If you don't see it soon, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there.

Thanks for your patience during this process! 🎧

View solution in original post

482 Replies

yvonne
Local Performer

So it seems that even if you change your password they can still listen.  Should it not be that if the account password has change the other user should be kicked off? Anyone find a resolution to this?

mod edit: format and edited title for clarity

TannerPandora

Hi @yvonne! Thanks for being part of our community. 

I've reached out to our User Support team and someone will contact you about this via email. 

Sorry for any inconvenience! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

Dankz
Local Performer

I’m also receiving this message and I don’t get why it’s popping up for me when I didnt give my account to anyone

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Dankz!

I've let our User Support team know that you're receiving these messages. Please keep an eye out for an email from Pandora. 

Thanks for posting  on community! Smiley Happy

CAshley
Local Performer
I have Pandora Premium. All of a sudden I keep getting timed out and then I hear that someone else is listening to my Pandora account. How can I see who is on my account and how can I remove them?

AdamPandora

@CAshley I moved your message to this thread to keep the community organized.

Our support team will be sending you a message to the email address your Pandora account is registered under.

Keep an eye out for their message and they'll be happy to look into this further. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Melissa
Local Performer

How can I sign out of a device that was stolen? It keeps kicking me off my Pandora because it says someone else is listening to your pandora and only 1 can use it at a time.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

TannerPandora

@Hi @Melissa - Thanks for posting to community!

I see that you've emailed our support team and have an exisiting case. I've reached out to them and have confirmed that they will be following up soon. 

Device management by our listeners is currently not a feature. I recommend upvoting this feature on our Feature Request board

Sean
Local Performer

Does anyone know how to kick all devices off of an account somebody's using my boyfriend's account and he can't listen to music cuz they keep kicking him off I've been trying to figure it out I even changed his password for the account

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for posting, @Sean.

Removing devices logged into any given account is not currently a feature.

However, you can check out this existing request here. The more upvotes this request receives, the more likely it'll be reviewed internally. 

In the meantime, he will need to contact our User Support team to ensure the security of his account here.

Prettepiece
Local Performer
Someone is using my account. I keep getting a notification about someone is using my account. How do I fix this?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey @Prettepiece - welcome to the community!

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

While your Pandora account can be logged into as many devices as you like, they can't be playing at the same time. Regardless of your subscription level, the revenue from one Pandora account only covers the cost of one stream from one device. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

++

In your case, it sounds like there may be an unauthorized individual listening from your account. Someone from our User Support team will reach out to you via email regarding the security of your account shortly.

In the meantime, I'd recommend upvoting this request as it would be a functionality that tells listeners what other device is being used when you display the error that "Someone else is listening." 

Thanks for your patience!

scott1545
Local Performer

Someone keeps adding stations to My Collection. How do I stop this? Already changed my password.

Moderator Edit: Changed title and format for clarity

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @scott1545

I moved your post over to the Accounts board to keep the community organized.

This actually sounds like an account security issue and someone from our User Support team will be in touch via email to assist with this.

lamentcfg
Local Performer

I just started getting the "Someone else listening" message, there is no one else, there are no other devices. This is an error on Pandora's end. If it does not stop, I will find another service.

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for your post, @lamentcfg.

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

++

Someone from our User Support team will reach out shortly to offer further assistance with this issue.

lamentcfg
Local Performer

Thanks for the "Cut & Paste" crap answer.

I have done some internet searching and it appears that Pandora is giving this same answer to eveyone and not solving anything.

Attention Pandora ..... Your service is being hacked or is having errors that is causing many customers to get the "Someone else is listening," notice. I'm sure some bot you use will write me back with the same useless advice to change my password and that will just confirm that you could care less about your customers.

AlyssaPandora

@lamentcfg Changing your password will only log out any computers signed into your account.

Removing / managing all devices logged in your account (including tablets, TVs, mobile phones, etc.) is not currently a feature of Pandora. If you'd like to have the ability to remove all devices logged into your account, I would recommend liking this feature request here.

A team member has reached to out to you via email to assist. If you didn't receive the email, please try checking your spam / junk folder.

el49
Opening Act

@AlyssaPandora Thank you!