cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Accidentally Started Premium Session

sfbrady1243
Underground

I connect to Pandora on my Android phone. Today when I opened it, the format is different. I cant seem to find the "shuffle" where I can pick and choose what stations I want to play. Can anyone explain what's going on? Also, I pay $4.99/month. Is t

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @sfbrady1243. 👋

Looks like you're upgraded to Plus but recently initiated a free session of Premium.

If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 

• These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station. However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.
  • When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

For more information about Premium Sessions, feel free to check out this helpful article: Premium Sessions

++

Shuffle with Premium:

You can edit the stations that are played in Shuffle mode from your Station List.

• Go to My Collection.
    • Free and Plus listeners, press and hold the Shuffle stations option at the top of your Station List.
    • Pandora Premium listeners, filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.
  • Once the Shuffle Options screen appears, you can select or deselect as many stations as you'd like.

Touch the back arrow in the upper left again to save your changes and return to your station list.

I hope this helps explain! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

sfbrady1243
Underground
Thanks. The info on the shuffle question helped a lot.

As to the Premium session, I didn't know what that was and didn't even
realize I'd accessed it. Oviously, didn't mean to, and I have to say I find
all this really confusing.

If I understand correctly, I won't be charged for this, and it will go back
to the Plus subscription. Is that correct?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sfbrady1243 Glad to be of help.

In the past, free listeners and Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations. We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Premium subscriber.

• If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.
  • If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Premium.
  • Keep in mind that upgrading to Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular Plus service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Premium fees.

Let me know if you have any additional questions about this. Hope you have a great weekend! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024