cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App Plays and Then Shuts Off

Jomcstrauch
Local Performer

Hi.  I have had the same phone for years, Galaxy 10 Note.  Never had any issues with anything until now with the Pandora app.  It acts like it wants to play and then shuts off.  I hit play and it will look like it is playing for a few seconds and then it shuts off again.  No sound.

I have cleared data, cleared cache, reinstalled a few times, restarted phone a few times, changed passwords, checked to see if there was any data blocking and that it was allowd to play in background.  I read and tried all the troubleshooting. Its not working.  Nothing has changed on my end. Same phone, same provider, same setting. Just woke up and now it does not work.  Weird.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Jomcstrauch. 👋

Sorry to hear that is happening. Based on your initial post, it sounds like the app is crashing during your listening sessions. Thanks so much for trying out the troubleshooting steps, and for letting me know.

Since you're using a Samsung device:

This issue may be related to your "Sleeping Apps" setting, which can cause the app to stop / pause when it is backgrounded.

Please try out the following steps:

• You can access this setting in the Device Care menu.
  • Click on Battery, and then, click on More options.
  • Click on Settings > Sleeping Apps
  • From your Sleeping Apps, you should be able to long press Pandora.  Once you're able to view the App Usage for Pandora, you'll want to make sure that the put app to sleep button is toggled to the OFF setting.

++

If the issue persists, could you share more details about your device?

• Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 10
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Kraye0102
Local Performer

I'm experiencing the same problem. I pay for the ad free Pandora and in the middle of a song the app completely closes. Extremely frustrating.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Kraye0102. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Android Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos