cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App freezes and crashes

Cbailey315
Local Performer

Every since I upgraded to pandora premium I've had nothing but problems the app just loses connection or freezes up or just shuts down before I upgraded never had these problems anyone else having these issues?

moderator edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Cbailey315. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering issues during your listening sessions. 

Troubleshooting:

Have you tried clearing the app data to see if that resolves the issue? If not, I would recommend with starting there, I've included a link as well as the steps below: Android Troubleshooting

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

• Open your device Settings
  • Tap Apps
  • Scroll down to find Pandora
  • Select StorageOn the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

++

Device Details:

If the issue persists, could you share more details about your mobile device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
Let me know how it goes. 🎧
Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

SkyeFall
Local Performer

This wasn't always a problem but about three months ago, after a song or three song or even in the middle of a song, the Pandora app crashes. It doesn't pause, it crashes, especially if I have maps open. But the thing is. It started on my phone, my phone ended up breaking, I started using my boyfriends phone with my sign in and it continued to do so, I JUST got a brand new phone, never used, and immediately it's started crashing, AGAIN. So, it can't be the cache and it it will do it when I have great signal on mobile data or WiFi. I don't understand why this is happening.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @SkyeFall. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble on your new phone. I understand how frustrating that could be. 

Could you share some additional details? I'd like to report your feedback about how the app is working on Android devices.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you noticed any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos