cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: AutoPlay no longer works

Draetrue11
Local Performer

Autoplay doesn't work anymore? One of my favorite features since yall started the music genome project, I've been a member since the very beginning, love yall, please help 🙂

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Draetrue11 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

When you say Autoplay isn't working, are you referring to Pandora automatically playing when you turn your device on?

Also, are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Draetrue11
Local Performer

I'm referring to the autoplay function, when you play a single song and it's supposed to automatically play music with similar features. I'm on a Samsung G14 I believe,  so android. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Draetrue11 Thanks for following up.

Can you please confirm that you have AutoPlay enabled in your account settings?

To view your AutoPlay setting from a mobile device:

1. Tap Profile and select the Settings gear in the top right corner. 
  2. Select Advanced.

Let me know what you find out.

0 Kudos

mkim5588
Local Performer

Samsung Galaxy S21+

When listening to music on Pandora, I like to play a specific song and then let it autoplay based on this song. Recently, the autoplay function has stopped working and the music just stops after the song I selected is over. I used to select songs and skip them immediately because I wanted Pandora to play music based on this genre but now that I'm having this problem, the music just stops after I hit next on the current song that's playing. However, later in the day or the next day, this issue doesn't occur. I always make sure the auto-play option is enabled in my advanced settings in Pandora and I have a premium account.

Can someone help?!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mkim5588 

Welcome to community! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with AutoPlay.

To help investigate, I've enabled a trace on your account. I'd like to start by clearing the data/cache on your Android and having you re-create the issue.

Please try the following steps:

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Please note, as Premium Family listener you may need to redownload some of your offline content. Also, you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Once completed, try playing AutoPlay once again and let them know the date and time (including timezone) so I can take a closer look.

Let me know if you need help signing back in.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mkim5588
Local Performer

Hi Tanner,

The problem wasn't occurring yesterday and my Pandora was functioning as normal; however, I followed your steps and Cleared Data via the Storage option for my Pandora app and signed back into my account.

My Pandora is working normally right now as well but the problem I reported occurs every once in a while (the issue was occurring when I created the post). Do you think it's best to leave this post open and I can post a message when the problem starts happening again?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mkim5588 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

Yes - if this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

carebear86957
Local Performer

I am having the same issue, I'm on a Samsung galaxy S21+ I've been using Pandora for forever, and the autoplay app on my phone has never had issues up until a few weeks ago.  When I am on a computer, autoplay works fine, but on my phone it no longer works.  Any song that I play, it will only play the one song, it won't continue to play.  I also have enable autoplay turned on under my settings, and I have autoplay turned on, on the individual albums/songs.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Draetrue11 @carebear86957. 👋

Thanks for providing those details about your experience. We've created an internal ticket with our tech team for further investigation. While I do not have an ETA or timeline on this, I can confirm that I've reported your feedback and experience. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 