cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Can't Skip Songs with USB-C Headphones

Ba3henov
Local Performer

I can skip a song by double clicking the pause button on my headphones. It worked perfectly for Pandora when I used my 3.5mm jack headphones on my Samsung Galaxy s7, but I recently upgraded to the s22 ultra and am now using usb-c headphones. Their skip feature works as intended in other apps, but on Pandora I can only use the headphones' button to pause and play.

If I try to skip by double clicking, the Pandora song simply pauses and I cannot get it to play again unless I press the play button on my phone *twice* for some reason. This has got to be some sort of bug. Anyone else experiencing this?

Phone: Samsung Galaxy s22 Ultra

Android version 12, OneUI 4.1

Carrier: Tmobile

Pandora version: 2203.1

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
9 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Ba3henov. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting your experience, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

I've taken a look and was able to locate some steps that you may find helpful via Samsung here: Basic Troubleshooting for Headphones

I also noticed this in the article, not all features of USB-C headsets may be supported on all devices.

++

If you haven't already, you can also try troubleshooting the Pandora app: Android Troubleshooting

In the meantime, thank you for providing your device details. I can share this feedback with our engineering team on your behalf.  🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

markemark
Local Performer

Good to know it wasn't just me. Oneplus 9 only has usb-c and only pandora doesn't skip when double-pressing the headset pause button. Other audio streamers work fine on usb-c. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @markemark. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience as well. Would you mind providing your device details? I can pass this information along to our engineering team. 

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Timmmm
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue. Double clicking just paused the song.. 

0 Kudos

markemark
Local Performer
This has evolved to now the skip takes 5-10 seconds of pause before it
finally happens.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Timmmm @markemark. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience. Not all features of USB-C headsets may be supported on all devices.

In the meantime, I can pass your feedback along to our tech team on your behalf.

It's helpful to know the following details (if you haven't shared already):

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):

I appreciate your help with this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Timmmm
Local Performer
The function just doesn't work Wi-Fi or not.
Double clicking to skip works on my normal music player
0 Kudos

markemark
Local Performer

Hi @AlyssaPandora . Thank you for the reply and offer to pass the concern along to the team. I've pasted answers below by each bullet and added more information that may be helpful. 

• Model: OnePlus 9 5g
  • Carrier: Tmobile
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): Android 13. July Security update.
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):  2307.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 23071001)
    • Both. I've used different headsets with this phone in Wifi or on cellular. 

The delay with skipping only occurs with the double press of the pause button on my wired headsets. I use the same hardware in the same network environments and do not experience the delay in skipping in other music apps. I experimented with BT speakers and can skip when playing Pandora music on those. 

0 Kudos

tuskair1
Local Performer

While I am not using USB-C earbuds, I am having the same issue.  I was able to skip songs using the control on the wired earbuds, but it stopped working after the last update.  I updated Pandora again today and the problem still exists.  I did my own troubleshooting and the skip function works when using YouTube on my phone and it works on my old iPod.  That means the problem is with the Pandora app.  No one from Pandora has been able to offer solutions other than suggesting the problem is with the phone.  It's not the phone!

0 Kudos