cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Can't Skip Songs with USB-C Headphones

Ba3henov
Local Performer

I can skip a song by double clicking the pause button on my headphones. It worked perfectly for Pandora when I used my 3.5mm jack headphones on my Samsung Galaxy s7, but I recently upgraded to the s22 ultra and am now using usb-c headphones. Their skip feature works as intended in other apps, but on Pandora I can only use the headphones' button to pause and play.

If I try to skip by double clicking, the Pandora song simply pauses and I cannot get it to play again unless I press the play button on my phone *twice* for some reason. This has got to be some sort of bug. Anyone else experiencing this?

Phone: Samsung Galaxy s22 Ultra

Android version 12, OneUI 4.1

Carrier: Tmobile

Pandora version: 2203.1

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Ba3henov. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting your experience, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

I've taken a look and was able to locate some steps that you may find helpful via Samsung here: Basic Troubleshooting for Headphones

I also noticed this in the article, not all features of USB-C headsets may be supported on all devices.

++

If you haven't already, you can also try troubleshooting the Pandora app: Android Troubleshooting

In the meantime, thank you for providing your device details. I can share this feedback with our engineering team on your behalf.  🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

markemark
Local Performer

Good to know it wasn't just me. Oneplus 9 only has usb-c and only pandora doesn't skip when double-pressing the headset pause button. Other audio streamers work fine on usb-c. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @markemark. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience as well. Would you mind providing your device details? I can pass this information along to our engineering team. 

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport