Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Can't Skip from Lockscreen

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (12/20/21): Hi everyone 👋

Thanks again for your patience during this process. We believe this issue is now resolved. You should be able to skip from the lock screen once you're updated to the newest app version 2112.1.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device: 

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

++

For Samsung Users:

In addition to updating the app, please try disabling Samsung's Music FaceWidget with the following steps:

• Navigate to Android Settings -> Lock screen -> FaceWidgets.
  • From here, ensure the toggle next to Music is Off

Hope this is helpful. 🎧

Pandora Update (12/5/21): Hey everyone 👋

I understand how frustrating this can be. However, rest assured this issue is being worked on by our Android engineers. In the meantime, @r1sk has posted a helpful workaround that could help until the newest app version is released. You can find that post here.

Our engineering team is still working on a fix. I will post more details when I receive them. Thank you again for your patience during this process. 🎧

Pandora Update (11/14/2021): 

Hi everyone! 👋

Sorry for the trouble you've experienced with your lock screen controls. We understand that this can be frustrating. In the meantime, we created an internal ticket for our engineering team on 11/10/2021. They are aware of this issue and working on it. 

Please Note: We recommending making sure the Pandora app is installed to the phone's local memory, rather than on an SD card. Widgets will disappear and become inoperable if installed to the SD card. Installing the Pandora app on an SD card causes performance issues we can't provide support for. 

All reports on this thread have been shared with our engineering team. Any updates on this issue will be posted on this thread. 

Thank you for reporting this, for sharing your device details, and for your patience while this is being worked on. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
Labels (1)
137 Replies

SlashAdams
Local Performer

The only solution that worked 100% for me was to uninstall the app, and manually install the previous version before the update that broke this feature. Clearing the data as suggested before allowed me to use the skip button on my phone, but it remained greyed out on my galaxy watch 4.

Galaxy S21 Ultra 

Galaxy Smartwatch 4 Classic

0 Kudos

HighOwl
Local Performer

Lol my dumb **ahem** just paid to get unlimited skips and this has been a problem for over a month.  As a software engineer this should take about 20 minutes to fix.  Guess I'll be issuing a charge back.  Thanks for the unlimited skips while my phone is open...but this is some bull**ahem** so I'll use it as it is for now before taking my money back and returning to Spotify.

I paid for this specifically because your recommendations are better than spotify but I'm not giving you $60 for a year of service when you can't fix something I could in 20 minutes.

Cristy_E
Local Performer

Has anyone else come across the problem where your lock screen won't let you play or pause or skip to the next song? I have to continously have to unlock my screen now to do anything. It shows clear as day on the lock screen but all the "buttons" the color is faint as in I can't access them while my screen is locked. This has never happened until about a month or so ago. I took a screenshot but not sure how to post it.

0 Kudos

Cristy_E
Local Performer

Screenshot_20211211-113858_Pandora.jpg

 Ah. I found if I Comment it'll let me post my example. Help!!!

0 Kudos

datchoia751
Underground
well my phone use to do that until i reset my phone and i up dated it then
it worked i have a old phone is Lgv30+ thin-q
0 Kudos

Cristy_E
Local Performer

I did that and nothing changed.

0 Kudos

maxsimmons4
Local Performer
I have the same problem

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy A71 5G.
Get Outlook for Android
0 Kudos

SlashAdams
Local Performer

I don't understand why you just don't roll back the update that broke a well used feature? Seems like a simple decision to me.

0 Kudos

Hollowsquadej6
Underground

Screenshot_20211213-165022_Pandora.jpg

 Uninstalled,  then re-download.  Still no good. Using Note 20 Ultra Unlocked.  Latest firmware.  All updated. 

0 Kudos

Shell22
Local Performer

I did this on my Galaxy Note 20 but it didn't work. Still can't skip songs on locksceeen.

Diablo0825
Local Performer

I don't know how this topic can be marked as solved. It clearly is not.

0 Kudos

SlashAdams
Local Performer

Use the oct. 26 update from apk mirror 👍

0 Kudos

HighOwl
Local Performer
Charge back a garbage company that can't make a simple update. As a
software engineer...yall have no ci/cd pipeline. There's no regression
testing. How you guys manage to stay afloat as incompetent as you are
amazes Mr. Bravo. Won't be our of my pocket though.
0 Kudos

Hollowsquadej6
Underground

Still no fix.  Don't think they're worried about it.  Shouldn't take this long for a fix. Probably bout time to cancel subscription an uninstall.  Could take months on this sh!t.

0 Kudos

Maxatariu
Local Performer

The new update fixed the skip forward button but still can't skip backwards even though I have pandora

Screenshot_20211219-032558_Chrome.jpg

premium 

0 Kudos

Duhble14
Underground

No backwards but at least you can skip forward so they fix something just in time for Christmas thanks...

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (12/20/21): Hi everyone 👋

We believe this issue is now resolved. You should be able to skip from the lock screen once you're updated to the newest app version 2112.1.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device: 

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

++

For Samsung Users:

In addition to updating the app, please try disabling Samsung's Music FaceWidget with the following steps:

• Navigate to Android Settings -> Lock screen -> FaceWidgets.
  • From here, ensure the toggle next to Music is Off

Hope this is helpful. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there. 👋

If anyone is still having trouble with this issue after updating to app version 2112.1, please post on this thread: Android: Can't Skip from Lockscreen after 2112.1

0 Kudos