cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Downloading podcast for offline causes crashing

CameraGuy2000
Local Performer

To whom it may concern; I've experienced this issue on Android for over a year now. I have a yearly subscription to Pandora Plus and have followed many podcasts on the platform, however, whenever I download a podcast episode, enter offline mode, and when I either turn my screen off or go to my home/app screen, Pandora crashes completely. 

This does NOT happen when playing my auto downloaded stations, nor does Pandora crash when listening to podcasts or stations online, only downloaded Podcast episodes in offline mode.

I've noticed many other users complain of this issue to no avail, however, I figured I'd give it a shot.

As for specific details regarding this issue, it happens on any offline podcast episodes, not certain ones. 

Phone Model: Google Pixel 7a

OS Version: Android 14

Build Number: UQ1A.240105.004

Kernel Version: 5.10.177-android13-4-00003-ga7208022a7ea-ab10815828

Pandora App Version: 2310.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 23101040)

Thank you; I look forward to a speedy and helpful response.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @CameraGuy2000. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience, and sorry for any confusion around this.  Downloading podcasts for offline usage isn't a current feature of Pandora.

However, you can create an idea if you'd like to see this option implemented here: Ideas

To upvote an idea, click on the 💙 icon next to the title of the idea. In the meantime, you can learn more about how ideas work on the Pandora Community here: Ideas and Feedback Policy & FAQs

We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing your ideas. 💡

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @CameraGuy2000. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience, and sorry for any confusion around this.  Downloading podcasts for offline usage isn't a current feature of Pandora.

However, you can create an idea if you'd like to see this option implemented here: Ideas

To upvote an idea, click on the 💙 icon next to the title of the idea. In the meantime, you can learn more about how ideas work on the Pandora Community here: Ideas and Feedback Policy & FAQs

We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing your ideas. 💡

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos