cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Error When Adding Variety or Starting New Station

Lexi_Paradise
Local Performer

Im trying to add Tom cardy or his songs to a personal playlist and keep getting a "technical difficulties" error. His artist icon and songs show up when searched and i am able to play songs with ads from him just fine but cant add to a station at all. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RavenKiltmonger There could be.

It's helpful to have the artist name(s) so we can send our Curation team this feedback directly. Some of these artists also have the option to create a station but it's greyed out. We report these so our team can take a deeper look to see what's happening and get these stations up and running. 

We also have this thread: Option to Create a Station is Greyed Out

If you notice any others, please be sure to let us know. While this can be inconvenient, it's important to provide this kind of feedback so we can report it for you. Once again, appreciate your help! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!

View solution in original post

171 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Lexi_Paradise. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about this.

Could you try adding a song to your playlist now? 

If you continue to have trouble, please let me know by sending over a screenshot of what you're seeing. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

RavenKiltmonger
Underground

Every time I try to add an artist to a station from the app I get a message saying the app is experiencing unexpected technical difficulties. It's getting to the point where it really should be expected. What gives?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @RavenKiltmonger. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: "Unexpected Technical Difficulties" When Adding Artist / Song

Could you share a bit more about what's happening?

• Which artist(s) does this happen with?
  • Which station are you attempting to add variety to?
  • Or, does this happen with all stations?

Let me know, and I can take a look for you. 🎧

RavenKiltmonger
Underground

It's been two different lists and multiple artists. Most recently it's Natty Dread on my Shanty list.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RavenKiltmonger Thanks for letting me know. I've shared this with our curation team. 

Could you provide any other artists you come across so that I can report these for you?

Appreciate your help with this. 🤝

RavenKiltmonger
Underground

Had the same issue with Geoff Castellucci and Voice Play. Is it something in the artist file?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RavenKiltmonger There could be.

It's helpful to have the artist name(s) so we can send our Curation team this feedback directly. Some of these artists also have the option to create a station but it's greyed out. We report these so our team can take a deeper look to see what's happening and get these stations up and running. 

We also have this thread: Option to Create a Station is Greyed Out

If you notice any others, please be sure to let us know. While this can be inconvenient, it's important to provide this kind of feedback so we can report it for you. Once again, appreciate your help! 🎧

gooni_b
Local Performer

I am also having the same problem trying to add an artist to one of my stations. Her name is Tomoko Aran, and I keep trying to add her to a station but it says that Pandora is experiencing unexpected technical difficulties. I am still able to listen to her songs outside of the station, and she shows up when I search her name. I am also able to add other artists to this station of mine, except for her...

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @gooni_b. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. It looks like the station creation button is greyed out for this artist.

I've shared this information with our curation team on your behalf. We appreciate your patience while they look into this. 🎧

gooni_b
Local Performer

Thanks so much! 🙏

Schwartzy15
Local Performer

I am having the exact same issue with the artist Born Through Fire.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Schwartzy15. 👋

Thanks for providing that info. I've shared this with our curation team so that they can look into this. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

gymkim
Local Performer

I've had this issue with three songs that I have tried to add to my Slytherin Aesthetics station

1&2) "You Will Be Okay" either version by Sierra Nelson

3) "Insane" by Black Gryph0n & Bassik

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reporting these, @gymkim.

I've passed your information along to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

MrNiceGuy
Local Performer

I am having trouble adding the artist Bion Tsang to my station.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @MrNiceGuy. 👋

Thanks for pointing this out.

I've passed this along to our curation team so that they can take a deeper look for you.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Ewilk87
Local Performer

Is anyone else besides me experiencing issues trying to listen to Zack snyder's justice league soundtrack on pandora? My app says "we're having unexpected technical difficulties" every time I try and add any track of the score to my existing station.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ewilk87 Could you please send me screenshots of:

• the issue you are experiencing when you attempt to play that soundtrack
  • the error message that appears when you attempt to add tracks as variety to your station

Additionally, please let me know the name of the station you are unable to add variety to.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Ewilk87
Local Performer

It's the entire "Zack's Snyder's Justice Soundtrack" by Tom Holkenborg (Junkie XL). Every time I try and any track from the album to a personally made channel, a box pops up that states "we're having unexpected technical difficulties". 

0 Kudos