cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Error When Adding Variety or Starting New Station

Lexi_Paradise
Local Performer

Im trying to add Tom cardy or his songs to a personal playlist and keep getting a "technical difficulties" error. His artist icon and songs show up when searched and i am able to play songs with ads from him just fine but cant add to a station at all. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
163 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing these, @Polgara.

I've passed this along to our curation team for further review. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's the last movie or tv series you watched?

0 Kudos

FairyTalePink
Local Performer

I'm having trouble adding Jazz In Pink's 1st Collection album to my smooth jazz station (Smooth Pink Jazz). Only the Joy! album works.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FairyTalePink Adding an album is not an option when adding variety to your station.

What I recommend you do instead is add one of your favorite tracks from that album to your station.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

FairyTalePink
Local Performer

Nope, still throws an error even when adding individual songs from that album, and currently songs from that album never play at all.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FairyTalePink I've escalated your feedback to our curation team for further review.

Thanks for reporting!

0 Kudos

The_Gothfather
Local Performer

I am getting an error about technical difficulties when trying to add some bands. So far it only happens with some Japanese bands.

Examples

Bradio

Akari Kito

Jibaku Shounen

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @The_Gothfather. 👋

To keep everything tidy, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Error When Adding Variety or Starting New Station

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback has been shared with the team that handles our collection for further review. 🎧

0 Kudos

OyOy
Local Performer

I've been getting a technical difficulties error when trying to add some songs around the soundtrack for the game "outer wilds".

One of which is from the composer "Andrew Prahlow".

https://www.pandora.com/artist/andrew-prahlow/ARnZnXwcKf6xnfP

Another is a cover melody from "Notonetyrone" called outer wilds.

(Every one that it tried had technical difficulties, and it is annoying to keep typing outer wilds into the search button and everything that looks like it could be concerning the game keeps erroring out. So, it's not exclusive, and going back to find the actual titles for all those I did try isn't really feasible.)

Also, it would be great if you guys got a hold of the actual soundtrack from the game instead of all the covers, but I was still going to add the covers.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@OyOy Thank you for reporting this.

I've passed your feedback along to the appropriate team so they can further investigate.

0 Kudos

Tweety8139
Local Performer

I've been trying to add Samantha leah to my Mello will channel because I'm curating it for manifestation.  

Any time I make the attempt I get a message saying "we"re having unexpected technical difficulties." 

I'm on a samsung a 51 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tweety8139 I'm happy to pass this along to our curation team.

Is this the correct artist here?: Samantha Leah

Let me know.

0 Kudos

KSL
Local Performer

The artist Jessi (제시) also has this issue currently, as well as having multiple artist profiles attributed to her. From what I saw, there were at least two under the name "Jessi", two under "제시", and one under "제시 Jessi". I haven't seen this for any other artist so I imagine this was unintentional.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @KSL 

Thanks for letting us know. I've passed this along to our curation team for further review.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ithala
Local Performer

So, I'm confused. I've not had a single artist be successfully added to any of my stations for quite a while now, and now I'm seeing that this has been an issue for everyone on Android for coming up on 3 years. Considering the number of artists I've tried and the number of different artists people are reporting here, I'm assuming this isn't just a case by case issue, so what is actually going on and what is actually being done to fix it other than ambiguously "passing it along to the curation team"? 

I mean, we can list specific artists and specific stations until we're blue in the face, but if it's a systemic issue then it needs a systemic solution 

0 Kudos

KSL
Local Performer

I personally am still able to add variety to my stations, that's why the one artist not adding properly and having multiple profiles was what I specified as my issue. In my opinion, it sounds to me like you might have another problem entirely if you haven't been able to add ANY variety for a while, though I couldn't say what!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Ithala @KSL . 👋

Thanks for your feedback around this. Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be played without restrictions, you may encounter a portion of songs or albums that are unavailable or labeled "Radio Only" due to our current licensing restrictions.

We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be played on stations, on-demand, or offline. We pass your feedback along to the team that handles our music collection so they can look deeper into what's happening.

Feel free to share any content that you come across where this issue pops up. This information is reported directly to our curation team by the community moderators, on your behalf. However, the moderators aren't given a timeline or ETA by the team, but you can rest assured all information is reported to the appropriate party. 🎧

0 Kudos

abi1
Local Performer

I am having this issue with North Central University Worship Live and P&W Collective. Would you be so kind as to send that along as well?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @abi1. 👋

Thanks for pointing this out! I can share this with our curation team for you. 👍

0 Kudos

POT8OS
Local Performer

I'm having trouble adding bands and artists to my station whenever I tried to add these two it pops up a error message saying we're experiencing unexpected difficulties the two bands I'm having issues with are "kwite" and "Mongolian chop squad" I've tried adding them normally and then I've also tried adding them by going into edit adding them and then trying to save it but it just wouldn't save I am on an Android phone the metal band "acrania" used to have the same issue whenever I try to add them but it no longer does please help

TannerPandora

Hi @POT8OS 

Welcome to community!

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Android: Error When Adding Variety or Starting New Station

I've let our curation team know about these artists you mentioned so they can take a closer look at what may be happening.

Thanks for letting us know!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport