cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Google Maps lacks GPS signal with Pandora

RedmoonXD
Local Performer

Lately I have noticed and tested out myself that pandora causes Google maps to have little to no gps signal 

I have tested multiple drives with and without using pandora and every time I do, my GPS doesn't want to work properly and even goes back to working just fine if I completely close out of pandora 

Does anyone know of a fix for this? I'd really like to not waste my subscription by not using pandora while I'm driving

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @RedmoonXD. 👋

Thanks for visiting the Pandora Community and for sharing your experience. 

Have you tried clearing the app data to see if that helps? If not, you can start here: Android Troubleshooting

If you continue to have trouble, would you mind providing a few more details about your device and how you're listening to Pandora? It's helpful to know the following:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  • Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
  • Have you experienced this issue only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (06.17.24)
0 Kudos