cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Long Delays and Silence after songs

Alansak
Underground

Hi play Pandora off my iPad and off my android phone. Both of them exhibit the same problem. Unduly long delays before the next song starts. It’s really annoying. It’s like Pandora is just shutting off. But it’s not off it will eventually play the next song song.

Anybody have a solution or even the same problem as these?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Alansak. 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience on your devices.

• Are you using AirPlay or casting to another device when this happens?
  • Do you notice any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

In the meantime, feel free to try running through these steps for your specific devices:

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Alansak
Underground

I am using both airplay from an iPad to a receiver, and Bluetooth from a android phone to a car radio. Like I say, this happens in both these configurations.

Thanks for replying thanks for replying.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your message, @Alansak.

For iOS, this is a known issue that our engineering team is still working on. The thread can be found here: iOS: Music Stops After Ad Plays using AirPlay

++

Android in your Vehicle:

For trouble in your vehicle, have you tried repairing?

You can re-pair the connection between your car and the phone.

• To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."
  • Once you've done so, refer to your car's manual for the steps to reconnect the car system to your phone. Using the Voice Commands for your unit (if available) is often the easiest way to do this.

Let me know how it goes.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos