cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Music Cuts Out

Dorian10
Local Performer

Pandora cuts out mid song on every song on my Samsung phone. I tried the suggestions to fix this, didn't work. It only plays one song on my Alexa Dot, then shuts down.  I listen to music all day while I'm working.  Had to switch to UTube music.  Is this problem going to be fixed?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Dorian10. 👋

Thanks for reporting your issue. 

Based on your message, it sounds like you've already tried out these steps on your Samsung phone: Android Troubleshooting

Could you try adjusting your battery optimization settings to see if that helps?

Something to note: When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default. This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded.

Please try the following steps:

• Open your device Settings and then Apps.
  • Scroll to find Pandora or use Search in the upper right hand corner.
  • Select Battery
  • Next select Unrestricted.

Due to the numerous models of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for every device. Please look up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app if the above does not apply.

++

Amazon Echo Dot: 

Sorry for any trouble with Pandora on your Amazon device.

Please try the following steps:

1. Check to see if there are any updates available for your Alexa and Pandora apps. Update both as necessary.
  2. Restart your Alexa device by unplugging the power source and plugging it back in.
  3. Try unlinking and relinking your Pandora account via the Alexa app.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos