cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Music Stops Playing when on Cellular

jsnprice42
Local Performer

For the past few weeks, when I'm listening to music on my Android phone over cellular (wireless) via Bluetooth connected to my truck, the song will end, then the next song won't load. I unlock my phone and open Pandora to find the next song showing, but it'll skip to another song and after some buffering, will begin to play. This has been happening regularly since it started. I haven't tested to see if I just leave my phone locked to see if it'll eventually play a song, so I can't say if it's associated with the phone being locked specifically, but I can say Pandora will play a string of songs just fine, then go the previously mentioned cycle. I've already updated both, Pandora and my phone, uninstalled Pandora and re-installed it, and checked sleep settings (which do not exist). Any suggestions? 

Oh, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Pandora version: 2205.1.1

Pandora Premium account playing radio stations

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @jsnprice42. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble streaming over cellular data. Let's go ahead and try some troubleshooting to see if we can fix that. 

Please try the following steps from your Android mobile phone:

• Go to your Android Settings.
  • Tap on Network & Internet, then tap Data Usage off and back on.
  • Finally, confirm Mobile Data is toggled on.

++

If the issue persists, could you also provide a few more details about how you're listening when this happens?

• What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  • Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
  • Does this only happen in your vehicle?
  • Have any error messages popped up (other than "Buffering...")?

Let me know how it goes. 

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

jsnprice42
Local Performer
I tried your suggestion about turning data off and on, but the problem persists.I have a 2017 Ram 1500. It doesn't have Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. I just connect directly to thr Bluetooth receiver that's built into the stock stereo. I haven't had this issue connected to Bluetooth earbuds or just playing through the phone speakers. And I don't get any error messages. Oh, and I did leave the phone locked and waited to see if Pandora would begin to play again, and it did, it just took a few minutes. Jason P
0 Kudos

jsnprice42
Local Performer

I wanted to give an update. I have a feeling my issue may be that I'm using a VPN client on my phone. I started using it recently and it seems that might coincide with when I began having issues with playing music in Pandora while on cellular. I'm going to test that theory over the next few weeks (turn off VPN while listening for about a week to see if I get any interruptions, then test with the VPN turned on for a week to see if I get different results). I'll keep you posted.

Thanks.

Jason P

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @jsnprice42. 👋

Thanks for the update. I had reported this over to our engineering team already and will update with the information from your last post.

Unfortunately, using a VPN while trying to stream Pandora is not currently supported and could be what is causing the issue.  We recommend checking if you can make an exception for Pandora in your VPN settings, or if you can safely disable any VPN connections while listening to Pandora. You may want to contact the support team of your VPN for further assistance.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes as you test it out. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos