cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Only One Song Plays in Offline Mode

Fikl
Local Performer

I press 'download' on the station and leave the App open until the station is finished downloading. When I go to switch to offline mode only one song is available.

This happens with every station. What I've noticed is that when the station is downloading 'User Data' is increasing, but when the station finished the download everything is wiped aside from the one song. It will go from 20mb to 95 then drop down to 25 (example).

So far I've tried clearing both cache, reinstalling the app, re-downloading stations. Nothing has worked as of yet.

Device: Pixel 6 Pro (currently 100GB+ of free space). Updated to the latest version.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
36 Replies

Traindspr
Local Performer

Yep very disappointing

0 Kudos

dawafrmpa
Underground

Starting this past Friday, while listening to Pandora offline, all of my downloaded stations began playing only 1 song over and over again. Every station did this. I rebooted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the Pandora App, erased all of my content and started over, nothing worked. I had Pandora Premium. I say had because I cancelled it last night and I've had Pandora off and on for years. I will not pay for something that isn't working, that's just stupid. I don't know what's going on with Pandora but I am one unhappy customer.

dawafrmpa
Underground

Please keep up updated, I cancelled my Pandora subscription because of this yesterday.

0 Kudos

Flyguy1GT
Local Performer

Is this fixed yet? If so, what’s the resolution?

0 Kudos

josh_callihan
Local Performer

Also having the same issue. Just this week my offline stations changed to random stations I don't regularly listen to. And in those offline stations it repeats the same track. I've tried everything everyone else has tried and it doesn't fix the problem. When I listen online everything seems fine. But I am regularly out of cell service and use the offline stations to listen to music. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (05/24/2022): Hey everyone 👋

Thanks for reporting this issue and for your patience during this process. 

After checking in with our engineering team, we now believe this issue has been fixed. If you're still having trouble, you may need to sign out and sign back in to notice the changes.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

dawafrmpa
Underground

I just went on Pandora and this problem hasn't been fixed. It's the same issue, 1 song over and over so no, it's not resolved.

0 Kudos

pj4man
Underground

For me, at least, the problem has been resolved.

After the most recent post by the Moderator, AlyssaPandora, I did the following:

1.  Clear storage in Settings>Apps>Pandora

2.  Log out of Pandora

3.  Log back into Pandora

4.  Re-download desired stations

5.  Wait an hour or so for the tiny green icons to change to a down arrow

6.  Enter "Offline Mode"

7.  Successfully played more than one song per station

I did however notice one small anomaly:  When in Offline Mode, selecting the "text area" on the row of a "Curated" downloaded station results in the circular loading animation that does not disappear.  At this time no music is played.  When selecting the triangular "play icon" to the right, the station plays as it should.  This is different than stations that are not curated... with those 'normal' stations, the music plays as it should regardless of the area that was selected, text or play icon.  (Problem loading station art?)  Its not a big deal because there is a workaround, just an anomaly. 

Thank you to the Mods for the relatively quick response and to the engineers for the fix!

AndreaR
Local Performer

Thank you! Same issue here with my iPhone 13. Very frustrating. I upgraded recently to premium so I can listen to more stations offline. Now I pay more but have less service. Please fix ASAP. 

0 Kudos

jonathanleighto
Local Performer

This is also happening to me despite ensuring that my app is fully updated. Moto G stylus (2021). 

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared offline content and redownloaded stations to have it keep happening...

0 Kudos

Jcazn7
Local Performer

I have Pandora plus, the downloaded stations have the download sign next to them and in offline mode there is only one song that plays. Also there isn't always 3 playlists downloaded.

0 Kudos

Jlee1980
Local Performer

It's may 25 I'm having the same problem for 2 weeks now 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (05/24/2022): Hey everyone 👋

Thanks for reporting this issue and for your patience during this process. 

After checking in with our engineering team, we now believe this issue has been fixed. If you're still having trouble, you may need to sign out and sign back in to notice the changes.

Pandora Update (05/25/2022): Thanks for your feedback around this. It appears that some folks are still experiencing this issue after signing out / signing in. Please trying clearing the app data to see if this helps. Other folks have reported that this resolves the issue. 

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Christina0
Local Performer

It is 5/26 and I have logged out/in, cleared my data, and uninstalled/reinstalled and I am still having issues.  It's doesn't want to download my stations and when it finally does it only downloads one song. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Christina0. 👋

Thanks for letting me know. Could you share your device details? I've added your report to the internal ticket.

It's helpful to know:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Traindspr
Local Performer
Model
Moto g power 2022

Hardware version
PVT

Model number (sku)
XT2165-5
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for posting your device details, @Traindspr

This information has been shared with our engineering team. 🎧