cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora Shuts Off / Stops Playing

Libby
Local Performer

My pandora shuts down after a minute of playing.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
81 Replies

Chaparrita22
Local Performer

While playing a song it shuts off

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Chaparrita22. 👋

Thanks for letting us know that you're having trouble with this too.

I would recommend checking out my message about this here first.

Let me know if the troubleshooting steps help out with the issue you're experiencing. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Ticci_eveline
Local Performer

The app closes after a couple songs when my phone is closed after the new update, help please

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Ticci_eveline. 👋

I posted some helpful steps in this message here.

If you continue to have trouble with this, could you share more details about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Do any error messages pop up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know. 🎧

Sammy30
Local Performer

App keeps crashing and it never has done that before. I have no idea whats going on.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Sammy30 I recommend checking out the troubleshooting suggestions @AlyssaPandora about this here first.

If you continue to have trouble with this, could you share more details about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

DonnaBo0823
Local Performer

I just purchased a new phone and transferred all apps but now I can't get pandora to play

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@DonnaBo0823 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Kered1987
Local Performer

The app and widget keep closing after 5-10 second after I hit the app button. That is about 1 second of music. Then it just closes out. It still is in my running background apps. If I tap the app again it opens up just as if it was never open and it repeats the process. I have updated the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. And that is about as far as I know how to take this. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. I am using Spotify now and I hate it.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Kered1987. 👋

I completely understand your frustration.

Battery Optimization:

When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default. This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

If you own a Samsung device, you may also want to check your Sleeping Apps settings.

++

Android Troubleshooting:

If the issue persists after checking battery optimization, I’ve already enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening.

For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps in case we need to share this info with our engineering team: Android Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Kered1987
Local Performer

Still couldn't get it to work. I tried all combination of options for battery, allowing access, and whatever else I could turn on and off. I have a Motorola 15G phone

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@Kered1987 Did you try running through the standard Android troubleshooting steps here

If you still have trouble after the steps, could you share more details about your device?

• Model: Motorola 15G
  • Carrier:

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Sidetracked420
Local Performer

Please help. Having issue keeping Pandora playing. It will load and play almost 2 songs. The it just closes out. 

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Sidetracked420. 👋

Please check out my post about this issue here.

If you still have trouble after the steps, could you share more details about your device?

• Model: Motorola 15G
  • Carrier:

Let me know. 🎧

Sidetracked420
Local Performer
It shows Pandora version 2106.1
It normally happens in mobile data I don't really use it on wifi much. I
just got a new phone it's a blackview bl6000 pro. I'll try to check more
settings in the phone.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for confirming those details, @Sidetracked420. I've shared this with our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

Jbmca57
Local Performer

I need help with this issue I use an LG v60 smartphone. Network is okay. Thanks

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Jbmca57. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I moved your post over to this existing Android thread: Android: Pandora Shuts Off / Stops Playing

Please check out my post about this issue here.

Let us know if the issue persists. 🎧

0 Kudos

em107
Local Performer

hi, Pandora keeps closing after it plays a song or part of a song. I have tried everything. I have tried reinstalling the app several times, shutting down my phone several times, changing the battery optimization, changing app permissions, and changing the screen lock settings on my phone.  I use Pandora everyday with my toddler and just started having this issue possibly after the most recent Pandora update.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@em107 I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos