cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora Voice not responding to Hey, Pandora commands

MusicFan78989
Local Performer

All of a sudden, voice search has stopped working. It will respond to, "Hey, Pandora" and open the search screen. When I speak, "Play...", the microphone icon pulses to the rhythm of my words, showing that it hears them. But nothing else happens. Then it usually returns back to the homepage. Yesterday, it crashed and restarted instead.

This is the same non-response, whether I am using wifi or cellular. 

I have double checked that the app has permission to use my mic and the voice search is on (again, this started on its own, without having made any changes). I tried clearing all the app's data, updating the app, completely uninstalling and reinstalling, and double-checking it can run in the background without optimizing the battery. I just cleared out more memory on my phone too.

Still no change. Texting and emailing support just sends me back the same response on how to turn on Voice Search. It's on. I never turned it off. Now what?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
30 Replies

jfixoye
Underground

I've had the same problem and just discovered that it won't work when I'm using my Verizon data but it will work if I'm using Wi-Fi. Can this be fixed? I rarely use Wi-Fi on my phone. Thanks.

It only happens when I'm connected to Cellular data. Everything works fine when I use Wi-Fi. Hope you can fix this because I mainly use cellular data.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jfixoye 

Welcome to community!

Thanks for posting your experience. The information you shared is very helpful as our teams continue to investigate this issue. I've made sure to pass this along.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Nicki9252
Underground
He's right! It has been working consistently on wi-fi. Cellular has been a
no go. Hope we get some compensation for the last several months of
tolerating this issue and still subscribed.
0 Kudos

chz5150
Underground

Mine wasn't working on wi-fi, but after seeing these posts I checked and it is working on wi-fi now, but wasn't before. Only updates that I have noticed have all been Google.

JasonZitt
Underground

It appears that pandora has no interest in customer service or support.  I opened this case several months ago and it has been ignored by their support team. 

They contacted me zero times 

I suggest everyone cancel service. 

chz5150
Underground

I spoke too soon. Now it--doesn't--work with wi-fi, or cellular data.

I think it's these bull**ahem** phones. They only work when you spend a ton of money on a new one. I say we should boycott Smart Phones.

0 Kudos

Awwcool22
Underground
Nope, I've got a Pixel 8 Pro. Voice Commands in Pandora isn't working.
0 Kudos

SirMatthewKBE
Underground

I tried to get mine to work via wi-fi and that was a no-go, too.  There WAS an update for Pandora but it didn't fix anything.  The last response to my support ticket was that they would forward my info to someone, I think developers.  That was at least 10 days ago.  

0 Kudos

Tbizzlecomo
Local Performer

I am also having this issue.  I sent in a ticket and my response was a generic copy and paste of what I did in the chatbot.  My voice assistant does work over WiFi but not cellular data.  But since I only use Pandora in my car it makes it useless.

0 Kudos

JasonZitt
Underground

Same exact thing. Reported 4 months ago with no support and a price hike.

Switched services. 

Awwcool22
Underground

Looks like Pandora couldnt care less. Cancelled my subscription after being a subscriber for over 20 yrs.