cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandors stops when using another app

ShayMcDaniel
Local Performer

Hello! I'm wondering if I can make it so pandora doesn't turn off the sound while using other apps. I have changed the settings in my phone so that way if I'm on Bluetooth the other apps play through my phone instead of the Bluetooth device. However pandora still stops playing if I open another app or if sound starts coming out my phone pandora will stop playing. I'm curious how I can make it so that pandora will continue to play over whatever sound Is playing from other apps. I do pay for a subscription but If I can't figure out how to do this I may cancel and use another app that does allow the music to continue playing. Is there a way I can make pandora the primary sound, or just allow pandora to continue playing if it senses other sounds? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TannerPandora

Hi @ShayMcDaniel 

Welcome to community!

Based on your post it sounds like the apps that you may be using may also be trying to use the speaker for their own notifications.

Unfortunately, the sound settings of each app are set by the needs of the app and cannot be altered. If you are playing a game or using an app that requires sound, the audio from Pandora may pause. It's not possible for us to override the sound settings, or any other functions of another app.

I use an iPhone, and I personally mute all the ambient sound and notification sounds on occasion so that I can stream music while looking at other apps. This doesn't always work if I open Instagram or TikTok but does work in general. The same may apply for your Android device.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos