cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
308 Replies

ts316
Underground

same issue.send info about issue thru email.still no fix.

maybe theres a way to roll back update??

Uncle00Buck
Underground
Good question, I'll look
0 Kudos

fdraven1
Opening Act

The app is no loner available in the app store, that should say it all, its gone belly up.

0 Kudos

linneas
Underground

I just went ahead and cancelled my subscription

0 Kudos

Music_Lover420
Opening Act

I'm leaning to cancel mine...I'm giving it a few more days then I will if it's not fixed. **ahem** as I poured hours into my Playlist curreated to my specific liking... But maybe I'll be back if they fix it. 🤷

lol...what I get for not double checking my response....I meant over a decade. 

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

youngmatt
Local Performer

My problem has been the same going back before the android 14 update. It has happened w about 90% of any mp3 players I have downloaded (I've tried over a dozen) I deliver for my occupation so when I stop the car and press pause on the car audio player and get my phone down, the music plays, it stays paused for barely 2 seconds. Press pause & it unpauses. Almost daily. The car audio has built in Android auto & the iPhone equivalent. I have turned them off, I have tried every Bluetooth, battery, and permission setting. I figured it was an android issue but it may be a Samsung issue

0 Kudos

RuthieBear
Local Performer

I have an android and everytime I want to pause pandora it won't pause and then if I go back in to the pandora app, I cannot pause or skip the songs

0 Kudos

youngmatt
Local Performer

I'm still trying to figure out if this is a Samsung thing and not necessarily a Pandora thing. I've had issues with almost every mp3 player (at least a dozen) and at least a portion of streaming apps. I finally got on w Spotify & while that app is respecting being paused, it still auto-plays when the Bluetooth connection is made in the car. My personal car doesn't really have problems but my delivery car is out of its mind. Anyways it looks like everyone here has a Samsung. It's a phone defect I think

0 Kudos

Music_Lover420
Opening Act

Well, I hung on as long as I could.... Just canceled monthly subscription. On to Amazon Music for me. 

0 Kudos

hagerz
Opening Act

So what's the solution for pandora not responding once it's playing 🤔 can anyone figure it out? I'm using XM and Spotify for the time being because it seems as if the pandora team doesn't care about customer service or the money we pay for there sorry service 

Same here. If they don't want my money another company with better customer service will earn it. 

0 Kudos

noahcw
Local Performer

Another month of you guys charging me for an app that doesnt work. Seems my money works for you but you suck at supporting your product. Cancelling. 

Hotfudgecakes98
Local Performer

Issue is still persisting after reporting it back in December!!! why do we pay for an app that doesn't work!!!! Please find a fix I've had this account for over 10 years and would hate to switch to spotify due to all the music I've collected over the years

0 Kudos

hagerz
Opening Act

Pandora dosen't care about anything. Just find an email or physical phone number. Spotify or XM is the answer 

0 Kudos

Holycitylocal
Local Performer

Controls do not work. After the app has been open for a short period of time, you cannot pause, start, skip or restart. If you disconnect from your vehicle, bt speaker or headphones, the music will continue playing through the phone. The only way to stop it, is to turn off the app completely. Restarting the phone doesn't work, clearing the cache doesn't work, uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work. Right now, there is no solution. This has been going on for months now. It was periodically, but now it is every single time after this most recent android update. I have been with pandora for a very long time, and a premium member for several years now. This needs to be resolved soon, or you will be losing this customer. Music is a necessity for me every day. I can find it elsewhere if needed.

CHIEFSTATIC
Local Performer

I'm running a Galaxy S21 FE

Model SM-G-990U

Pandora version 2401.1, android tuner 24011009

My carrier is T-Mobile

Pandora controls will become unresponsive, lock screen only shows song that started playing when I open pandora. Pandora will not stop playing music when I hit pause or disconnect from Bluetooth.  Sometimes I can close all apps to get the music to stop and sometimes I have to restart my phone.  It happens on Wi-Fi and cellular data.

0 Kudos

Divinitous
Underground

Well Pandora.  I wish it hasn't come to this, but it's getting there.  I've been using your app and a paid member for a long time.  We have the family plan and you've continued to take the $165 yearly fee from me without any resistance.  But since October 30th, 2023 the app has been broken.  Many members of my family plan haven given up on Pandora.  I tried to hold out but when all of the other competitors are working it's tough to stick it out.  Please figure this out.  We've been though a lot and I truly love Pandora, but our level of patience in finding a resolution is dwindling... and fast.

The inability to control the play through the car or the phone, step out of the car to find my phone playing from its speaker now instead of stop like it normally would have, then not being able to stop it unless i kill the app, and having to restart the app to magically grant me control for however long the app decides to work.  Multiple attempts to resolve this have been given.  These include, but are not limited to...

-Wiping the phone

-Clearing Cache/Data

-Uninstall/reinstall

-Changing AVRC from the 1.5 default to 1.4 and lower

Nothing has resolved this.  Not the troubleshooting I've read, not the troubleshooting I've wildly tried, and not the company responsible for making this app, which some of us pay for.  Shame.  Maybe Pandora is hoping the 6.1 update will resolve their issues, but with all of their competitors running fine my thoughts are grim.

Music_Lover420
Opening Act

After a decade plus using this app, I finally cancelled my paid subscription last week and have moved onto Amazon Music....maybe one day I'll come back if this issue ever gets resolved but I'm not holding my breath. 

0 Kudos

Divinitous
Underground

It's a real shame. This problem has existed for nearly 6 months at this point. 

They don't seem to care. Check the reviews here. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pandora.android

0 Kudos

Nick2
Underground

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM, DID ANYONE HELP YOU YET? LET ME KNOW

mod edit: removed personal email address.

0 Kudos

Uncle00Buck
Underground
No, and I haven't switched yet, was looking for a clean way to get my
playlists, but i might just pay for two services for a while. Spotify here
I come.