cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
307 Replies

CHIEFSTATIC
Local Performer
No help yet. Looking at how old some of the other posts are I doubt I willSent from my T-Mobile 5G Device

Diogee
Local Performer

When is this issue going to be fixed? I have skip buttons but they don't skip. Only pause works........

I PAY for this app, and have made this aware to you MONTHS ago as well as MANY other users.  I've given you my app version. Info on my phone.  All I get is your teams looking into it.  

0 Kudos

Dlhughes38
Underground

I am having this same issue with the app not letting me pause or skip to the next song. The only way to do so is restarting the app.

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S23+ Ultra
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number. 2401.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 24011009)
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? The issue happens regardless of Wi-Fi or Data
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? No.
0 Kudos

Dlhughes38
Underground

@AlyssaPandora The above is not a solution as it does not fix this annoying issues. Paying for Pandora to not work is becoming VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

0 Kudos

Yup100
Local Performer

I can't skip songs with my headphones using my headphone jack. I click to skip and it simple pauses it.

I was a me to skip songs with my s9 but not the samsing a15

Product name : galaxy a15

Model name :  sm-a155m/dsn

0 Kudos

Jessica1
Opening Act

Is pandora ever going to fix the bugs with android app? It freezes EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. if autoplay is on, it freezes and won't respond and requires closing the app and restarting it at least once. Sometime it does it when autoplay is off. When I try to change stations it literally starts playing 2 at the same time, forcing me to kill the app and restart again. I pay for premium but it doesn't seem like it's worth it anymore if the basic functions don't even work. 

0 Kudos

Taz480
Underground

Well, seems fixed today. Got another Samsung update yesterday. OneUI 6.1. So tried Pandora today. Ran flawless. I probably skipped 200 songs, turned BT off and back on a few times, got out of the car and it pauses correctly. Wondering if it really was a Samsung issue and they quietly fixed it. I can skip and pause all day and its working. Hope that gives others a bit of hope.

Divinitous
Underground

Fingers crossed.

Uncle00Buck
Underground
It may very well have been Samsung, but it's still Pandora's
responsibility. I'm using Spotify now and it's been flawless, plus better
audio quality. Pandora had its chance.
0 Kudos

Taz480
Underground

Ya, but even trying to make a make shift "station" by creating a playlist out of one song, just wasnt the same as all my Pandora stations. I missed my stations! 🤘 Was like reuniting with an old friend! (Knock on wood)

0 Kudos

fdraven1
Opening Act

Zfold 4 ia supposed to get the update on April 10th. I hope that fixes things cause even tho I like Spotify, I dont love it. Radio stations on spotify play exactly the same songs over and over, no matter what it always starts with same song. Pandoras radio stations dont do that. So I hope it fixes Pandoras issue.

kfuller133
Local Performer

Samsung S23 Ultra

Lastest Pandora version

My Pandora seemed to be working better yesterday also, but I had not done the 6.1 update yet. I did wipe the Pandora app data, not just cache, before I noticed the improvement. I'm think I have done that before with no change, so might have been coincidence. Maybe the fix was Pandora server side?

EDIT: I also did do an update on my Galaxy Watch 4 before I noticed the improvement.  Another coincidence?

0 Kudos

ts316
Local Performer

still not fixed.i have a S22+.all updates are current.highest oneui is 6.0 for my S22+

will be cancelling sub asap.will go to free plan til pandora or samsung fixes issue.

regfla246
Opening Act
Updating now, crossing fingers, Hope it also fixes the problem with connecting to Ford Sync. Anyone else have that problem? Plus all the other problems, skipping, unresponsive, playing out of the blue.

Nick2
Underground
I have a Samsung too, tell me how to get that update that fixed your
Pandora skipping problems
0 Kudos

fdraven1
Opening Act

Samsung will be rolling our the 6.1 to other samsung models on April 10th, only a select few models have gotten the update so far. I know the Fold and Flip 4 and I believe the s22plus will roll out on the 10th.

regfla246
Opening Act
APKMIRROR, Search for update for ONEUI 6.1

Divinitous
Underground

Yes, the skip problem seemed to be resolved but on an unrelated issue I still have the double song playing issue which other people have mentioned.  This occurs much less than the original problem for this topic, but still annoying.

0 Kudos

regfla246
Opening Act

FYI, I've only had these problems when connected to SYNC in my F150. When listening standalone I have no problems.

Me too, I still get the "Cannot repeat this track" when going from listening from phone then go to Bluetooth in truck. I'll have to restart app to clear. It won't auto start when connected to Bluetooth.

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

J0shWesy
Underground

Still having problems on my S23+

0 Kudos