cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
339 Replies

Yousif
Local Performer

Pandora was working fine until one day I went to press play on a song or album and it won't work, the play buttons greyed out. This isn't the first time this happened but when it only took a full day to start working, this time its taken more than a week 😕 

FYI: I use a Motorola g 5g 2023 and I use Pandora Free

0 Kudos

ashleyg92
Local Performer

I've been having the same exact issue and with having a paid membership, I'm really NOT happy about it. It's so frustrating I started using Spotify to avoid the frustration. I've had my Pandora plus membership for as long as I can remember and never had issues like this before. I have the Samsung Galaxy S21 and I have TMobile as my carrier. I have Pandora version 2405.1 on my phone. I hope this is resolved wonner than later before I have to cancel my membership. Especially with the price rising come June!!!!! 

0 Kudos

eestroud63
Local Performer

The App freezes up and I have to force the app to close.  The controls become unresponsive and it won't turn off, unless it is forced to close.  It continues to play when disconnected from my vehicle...

I just got notified of a price increase for mmy subscription...

I WILL NOT CONTINUE TO PAY FOR A BROKEN APP, AND WILL CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION IF THIS APP IS NOT FIXED!!!

Lozmercenary002
Underground
  • I have version 2405.1 on my Samsung Flip 5, and I have a similar issue.  My music will just keep playing when I pause, skip, or thumb down a song.  It looks paused or like it's thinking about skipping but then the previous song keeps playing.  Its a toss up on whether or not the next song plays at all.  Haven't noticed a pattern on that front.  It happens when im controlling the music through certain bluetooth devices (mostly ear buds) but this happens even when I'm not connected to Bluetooth.  Since my phone flips shut, i can access my basic music player remote (skip, play, pause, thumb up, thumb down) from the small screen on the cover.  This no pause or skip issue happens without bluetooth on my front screen, too. Then when i open the phone and the app, the whole thing is stuck on that same song still.  The play/pause button does change but the audio doesn't and the rest of the screen just looks like it's thinking too hard until i close and reopen the app.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Lozmercenary002. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this issue as well. I understand how frustrating this can be. To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Player controls become unresponsive

This issue and all reports shared on this thread have been passed along to our tech team for further investigation. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (05.27.24)
0 Kudos

J0shWesy
Underground

Whatever was added in update to 2405.2 the techs are getting close to fix, my app ran normal this morning with full controls and paused when i turned my car, but after work, same problem again, i think they're close but its taking forever 

0 Kudos

cu_nxt_2sday
Local Performer

I am also having issues with the auto-play, and now it won't let me skip songs. Sometimes the command buttons are there but unresponsive or they are completely grayed out. Some moments when I am able to skip I can only skip 3 songs before it starts becoming unresponsive again. I thought it was my phone settings since I just hot a new phone but it does it on my old device too. Glad it's not just me. 

0 Kudos

tom_johnsonjr
Local Performer

Controls are unresponsive. Can't skip or pause, like the app is freezing except the music still plays.  Volume still works so I know it's not the phone.  Had an old galaxy and just got this one recently and same issue.

Galaxy s24

Android version 14

Pandora 2405.2

69Dawg
Local Performer

Is Pandora ever gonna fix their problem with us Android users? This is ridiculous paying for something we can't use. Looks like this has been happening since last year and still nothing from Pandora. To whom it my concern. I am a disabled Veteran with PTSD. I have a military subscription with Pandora for 5+ years.  I use to listen to it at least 7+ hours a day because it helped me with dealing with my PTSD but not anymore. No one seems to want to help fix my problems I am having with Pandora for the last 5 months. And now yall want to raise to subscription price for something that I can't use. This makes no sense to me. Believe me when I say I will let all the other Veterans that i deal with know of how I have been treated. I will go somewhere else where I feel that I am valued as a customer and a Veteran. Troy 

0 Kudos

Skydivejohn
Underground

Over 6 months into the issue.  What is the solution to resolve the issue? 

I have been with pandora for many years but this is unacceptable enough to find another service.

I have the same issue, phone, and version.  It seems they have been ignoring the issue for over 6 months.  

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

fdraven1
Opening Act
Android 6.1 doesnt fix it. I worked with Samsung develop on the issue for a month sending diagnostic info etc. The evenrually told me its the 3rd party apps issue, so essentially its Pandoras issue specific to Samsung android devices.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
0 Kudos

Skydivejohn
Underground

It is dangerous to be unable to pause music while riding a bike or running.  

The issue has been ongoing for over 6 months.  Your last update "solution" is to provide information.  This is an unacceptable amount of time to leave a problem unresolved or at minimum provide an update.  I have been with pandora for many years but this poor service has me shopping for a replacement that works. 

0 Kudos

wmccarth7
Underground
I have been using Spotify since my last post. I like it and it works. I
also like how easy it connects and shares across my Google home devices

Killemall07
Local Performer

I just got a new phone. Galaxy s24. I use Samsung Buds Pro. I have downloaded Playlists that you don't need a network connection to listen to. After , maybe 2 songs the ability to advance or pause the song by tapping the ear buds, or opening the app stops working. The buttons on the app become grayed out. 

I've restarted my phone. Un-installed and reinstalled the app, and unpaired and repaired my ear buds. I've also verified the battery settings as mentioned previously in this thread. What else can I do? It makes the service unusable for what I've done for years on my previous Samsung phone.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Killemall07. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Player controls become unresponsive

This issue and all reports shared on this thread have been passed along to our tech team for further investigation. Unfortunately, I do not have any new updates to share on the issue. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience as I know how frustrating this can be. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (05.27.24)
0 Kudos

kendenny
Opening Act
  • Model: Samsung Galaxy S23
  • Carrier: T-Mobile
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 14
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number. 2405.2 Android-Tuner 24052002
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Wi-Fi but it might also happen when connected to cellular. I haven't noticed
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say? No error messages.
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? I never stream directly to my phone speaker. Always use Bluetooth.
0 Kudos

kendenny
Opening Act

I just noticed something today. Seems touching the >>| button will take you to the next song but buttons will be disabled after that. Seems every time I try to >>| twice the second one doesn't work.

Poppanitrous
Local Performer

ANDROID  S21 phone Unresponsive  Pandroa controls..music is playing the whole Playlist but cannot pause, skip yo next song etc.

Have to close out Pandora and restart..this has been an issue for months.

I finally decided to search this issue and found  the problem is wide spread. 

0 Kudos

Poppanitrous
Local Performer

Yes when connected via  blue tooth on android on any of my blue tooth devices it loses ability to skip and pause  randomly.

0 Kudos

Poppanitrous
Local Performer

S21 android 

T-Mobile /metro pcs

Pandora- blue tooth skip and pause not working 

0 Kudos