cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
363 Replies

MusicFan9027
Local Performer

Save thing here on S22 ultra.  It will even start playing two instances of the app (I'll hear two songs playing at once from Pandora). That means the app is going into a background sleep mode but still playing. Fix it it in canceling my 7 year subscription

0 Kudos

Princess70454
Local Performer

Has been an issue for over a year, with no viable solution in sight. Pandora doesn't care about it's consumers, just about the money. I'm sick of paying for a subscription that no longer benefits me and will be switching to Spotify, just like so many others. 

0 Kudos

Supernal
Casual Fan

Model: Sm-S906U1
Carrier: TMobile
Android version :
Pandora version:
ver 2406.1
Environment setup:
Android
Pandora App info:
ver 2406.1
Battery: unrestricted

Have you encountered any error messages?
No error messages
If so, what exactly does it say?
Player control buttons grey out.

This happens regardless of internet connectivity.
This happens when using wifi, cellular, and when app is in offline mode.
This only happens when using Bluetooth.
I primarily use Pandora over bluetooth.

Steps to reproduce Behavior:
Connect to Bluetooth headphones / car head unit
Start Pandora
Start a Playlist by clicking play.
* If Pandora is on screen "in focus" then everything works without issue. This is not how folks driving or listening to tunes walking around use their Pandora account.

To reproduce issue, connect Bluetooth headset, start playlist. Bring any other software up so Pandora looses focus, aka running in the background.

Let track play through till end, when next track ( track 2) starts with Pandora in background, Pandora's main interface screen cant control track 2. Using headset controls no longer work. Bringing up Pandora's main screen, and trying to click next greys out the player controls.
*( You can Also start a playlist, bring a browser window or anything that is not Pandora into focus, use bluetooth to skip to next track. Next track can now NOT be controlled by greyed out player controls, or bluetooth controls. )

At this point, onscreen controls do not work. Previous song button, Play / Pause, Next song buttons are all greyed out and do not work.
The only controls that do work, will be the playlist dialog.
Click MyCollection icon.
Hit the Play button for a different playlist.
This will start playing the new playlist, without killing off previous playlist.

At this point, you have two songs playing at the same time, and you can only control one of them, the newer one. If you check android's "media output" in settings, it will list the 2nd newer called playlist. If you the stop playback of the second playlist, and swipe right, it will then display the orphaned playlist, that is still playing, and is still unresponsive to controls. Only way to kill the orphaned playlist, is to goto Pandora's "app info" screen, and force stop, or wait for song to end.

To summarize: When Pandora is in the background when the next song automatically starts, that player instance
gets orphaned from Pandora's main screen. This also causes issues with Pandora not responding to Bluetooth connectivity changes, when i turn off my Bluetooth device. Pandora normally stops playback. When the current song playing has been orphaned, that command to stop playback doesnt work, song is still playing, it then plays out of the phone's speaker a few seconds later. You then either have to kill Pandora's processes, or turn volume down, or wait for song to end.

Please fix this issue!

0 Kudos

reign
Underground
Perfectly put.
0 Kudos