cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
359 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Frogtown. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountered this issue during your listening sessions. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Unfortunately, we do not offer phone support. For contacting our support teams, please check out this thread: How to contact customer service?

This issue and all reports shared on this thread have been passed along to our tech team for further investigation. At this time, there isn't an update for me to share on the issue. Thank you for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (06.10.24)
0 Kudos

samash9859
Underground
I actually found a workaround: I have my account connected to Alexa and
it's voice controls Pandora pretty well. Stop, pause forward, back even my
favorite SHUFFLE, all work. But the situation, when you have to use
workaround is absolutely stinks. BTW, Alexa can also do SHUFFLE on all your
library in Amazon, which is impossible to do any other way and is
considered by many a reason to stick to Pandora. Food for thought
0 Kudos

Mccallonk
Local Performer
I already canceled my family premium and went back to spotify.. guess that
is what happens

Kimberly McCallon

Lethlman
Local Performer

Can confirm, this is still an issue with my Galaxy S24 ultra. I pay for the expensive plan and yet they can't even get their app to work on the most common mobile operating system in the world. Useless garbage. I guess I'm going to have to put an ad blocker on my phone and just not pay anymore since the service just doesnt work as advertised 

ostin81
Underground

The irony here is that this issue no longer occurs after dropping my premium subscription.  The free version works fine and never exhibits the issue.

So the workaround is simple here folks.....just stop giving Pandora money for the premium subscription.  This has been a known issue for 6 months and they won't even give us updates or respond anymore.

samash9859
Underground
Definitely "worth" trying.
0 Kudos

fdraven1
Opening Act

Didnt fix anything for me.

0 Kudos

Zynemisis
Local Performer

The work around I have found is to 'minimize' Pandora before locking the phone or opening another app. Once launched (and shuffle/auto play is going), just hit the home button. Then proceed to do whatever you want next. 

The issue seems to be Pandora's ability to automatically shift from primary to running in background . By switching it to background manually, I have had 100% success. 

dheileman84
Local Performer

Is there any update on this issue? It's been going on for months now. 

It's offensive that there is a price increase for the service and it can't even get basic functionality working correctly. 

Skydivejohn
Underground
No, apparently pandora does not care about service or keeping customers.

reign
Underground

I have a galaxy s24 ultra, I just bought a new KIA 2024 Telluride. It connects fine then after a few minutes i lose all control of Pandora both on my phone and my car. I am getting frustrated and I am considering a new service. I would prefer to stay but man this is getting old. I see no solutions being offered here at all. I did the Clearing of Data no change. 

ostin81
Underground

I think you're right, thank you.  I accidentally noticed this when I opened Pandora and then opened my GPS app (which minimized Pandora).

Pandora should probably be paying you for using their service.

Leoms
Underground

TO ALL NEW POSTERS: this has been happening since May of 2023.  AN ENTIRE YEAR!!! While the competition, i.e. Spotify and Amazon Music are successfully utilizing Ai, Pandora cant figure out basic functions like pause and skip. I didn't want to leave a 15 YEAR relationship of building playlists, etc. but it stung EVERY time the monthly fee withdrew from my account. I finally had enough, I threw in the towel and left. Unsurprisingly, I felt free almost akin to leaving a long-term abusive relationship, which in essence, is what this is as well.  

LEAVE PANDORA. Spotify works flawlessly, has way more features and functionality, better sound quality, just insanely next-level compared to this clown-show. Trust me, you'll feel infinitely better making this  decision and NOT feeling burned every month when Pandora slaps you across the face then reaches in your pockets. 

Kdkd03
Local Performer

On most songs after my phone updated I'm unable to pause them and other audio sources are able to play at the same time. The app indicates it is paused but the audio continues unless i completely close the app.

Tatersalad
Underground

As the title says, pressing pause on a song will stop the song or if you open a video it usually will stop the song. Now it continues to play the song during a video on mobile, but shows on the app the song is paused the entire time. Attempting to play a different song to break this action causes both songs to play simultaneously for some reason

reign
Underground
Yep, dumped pandora for Spotify. So far 100% better with no issues in the
car. Thanks

bcostanzo
Local Performer

I've had Pandora for well over a decade and pay for the most expensive plan. But this issue has been frustrating me for months now and I'm about to cancel my subscription and delete the app. This is ridiculous that nothing has been done to fix such simple functionality. I keep looking for app updates and yet nothing. How can this not be an all hands on deck issue the devs are working on?! No other development should be occurring until this is fixed. Or are there no developers anymore?

Chart2006
Local Performer

This problem has been plaguing me for almost a year now with numerous trouble tickets that have never been addressed. It first started on my Galaxy S20 ultra and continued on my S23 ultra. What I have noticed is that the problem only seems to happen when using my Galaxy Bud's pro/pro 2. It never happens when in my vehicle or when using my sound core buds. I'm curious as to what buds everyone is using with their galaxy?! 

reign
Underground
Greetings, I don't use buds. But it was happening most frequently in my
automobile.

J0shWesy
Underground

Its happens on anything I'm connected to and if im not connected to another device

0 Kudos