cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
400 Replies

Supernal
Underground

nice tip.

I was wondering how I was going to transfer playlists...

thank you for that

😃

fwyatt
Opening Act

Samsung 24+

Model: SM-S926U

One UI Version: 6.1

Android Version: 14

As with so many other Pandora users.......  When on bluetooth in my car or motorcycle, after changing the song a few times Pandora control buttons will stop functioning and go gray. I cant even change it from my phone. I have to restart the app, an impossible task on a motorcycle.  I have tried several of the suggestions for a fix listed on this community forum with no change in performance.

I am paying pretty good money annually for this less than stellar service from Pandora. I hope you can find a fix soon before I am forced to take my business elsewhere.

BellStarr
Local Performer

Pandora will completely freeze: can't skip, pause, restart, change stations, thumb up or down until song is over. It's not even during a "due to license" song. Happens at least 1-3 times or session. Anyone know a fix before I fling my phone?

0 Kudos

fwyatt
Opening Act

There seems to be an ever increasing list of problems with Pandora. It definitely doesn't like Android platforms. It's very frustrating.

0 Kudos

rayrees55
Underground

Samsung S21, same issue reported here multiple times. Pandora is appearing to ignore the issue for at least 7 months!!! I have a paid subscription and am seriously considering canceling is the only solution. The control freeze just happened again today while using Android Auto. BTW, the issue is not dependent upon using Android Auto. I had to shut off my phone to turn off the music. **ahem**! Fix this issue.

0 Kudos

Supernal
Underground

... now the app is having buffering issues over cellular. 

wow, falling apart at the seams.

I fixed this issue, by canceling service and moved to spotify.

Pandora is no longer a supported application,  also,  no real innovation in years.

I'm already happier on spoify...

0 Kudos

fwyatt
Opening Act

I can't believe how long it's taking to fix this control issue or at least advise your subscribers what if anything is being done besides boiler plate responses to our requests for a fix. I appreciate the fix on the latest issue of Pandora playback freezing. That issue seems to be resolved. Now.... PLEASE, do something about this Android vs Pandora bluetooth controls issue.  THANKS IN ADVANCE !

0 Kudos

svgPhoenix
Local Performer

7 months later and still no fix?

S22 Ultra

Xfinity Mobile (originally purchased from Verizon)

Android v. 14, One UI 6.1

Pandora v. 2406.1 (24061002)

WiFi @Work (only place I listen other than in my car)

No error messages

Only seems to happen at work (earbuds) and not in my car (android auto) and I think the first song or two can be paused normally but I have problems on long sessions

rayrees55
Underground

I canceled my subscription this week due to this persistent issue. Pandora is not addressing it. I switched to Spotify. Guess Pandora does not need the business.

0 Kudos

Psbeatty
Local Performer

Please follow up with some additional details about your device:

Model: S23

Carrier:Verizon

Android version (Settings > About Phone):14

Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number. 2407.1

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Both

Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say? None.

Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? I have only noticed it while using bluetooth.

0 Kudos

Ailanai
Local Performer

Just got a new Samsung Galaxy S24+, all software for the phone is updated. All the apps I have are up to date. Pandora, when opened, will start playing the last channel I had playing  (normal), but if I don't feel like the song it starts my channel with I will try to skip and pandora will not let me. Also, will not pause, play, or stop. If I scroll through and click another song to listen to it plays over the previous song. This happens when I'm listening just on my phone or through Bluetooth. It will not stop unless I close out of the app and close the running in background portion as well. I have also had to go in and force stop the app from the app management.

This was happening on my previous phone, too. It was the Samsung Galaxy S22+. So, this issue has been going on for a while. I say this because I noticed this back in March/April time-frame, as my husband and I were driving a 4 hour trip South with our kiddo, and it wasn't functioning properly. It had my husband angry at me for something that was out of my control.

Oh, I do pay for the premium. So, this is really ultra frustrating when you pay for something that isn't working the way it should.

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

fwyatt
Opening Act
It's as if all this is falling on deaf ears and they just don't care! Very frustrating indeed.

fwyatt
Opening Act
I am giving you a standing ovation !    Well said!
0 Kudos

Chart2006
Underground

I reported this to Pandora a year and a half ago because there was nothing on the forums. This was when I had my s21 ultra. Pandora and I went back and forth on the problem but nothing fix it of course and every single time I contacted them it was the same garbage steps that I've done in the past. Fast forward and I update to an s23 ultra. Same as you, brand new phone and all software up to date But the exact same problem that was occurring on my s21 started to occur on my s23. 

Pandora was relentless and blaming my phone and this solidified the problem not being my phone. They finally acknowledged that there is a problem back in December and have said numerous times that they are working on it but here we are 7 months later with no fix. People are so frustrated by the problem that many have review bombed the app on the Play store. Interestingly enough some of those reviews have responses from Pandora saying they're aware of the problem. 

What really gets me is that instead of being transparent with their customers they've been the exact opposite. If companies were more transparent and open with their customers and keep them updated about situations like this they would have a much better/happier customer base. Most people are pretty reasonable and if you just tell them what's going on they'll understand. 

0 Kudos

fdraven1
Opening Act

Holy **ahem** its fixed I think.

0 Kudos

rayrees55
Underground

Extremely well stated! I hate the "blamestorming" game. It accomplishes nothing other than disenchanting the audience. Anyway, I "fixed" this issue by canceling my subscription and switching to Spotify. Their Android app is well behaved and does not become unresponsive in my testing. I see someone stated that the Pandora app is "fixed" with no details as to version and when it allegedly was rolled out to phones. I remain highly skeptical.

0 Kudos

fdraven1
Opening Act

version 2407.1.1 android tuner 24071101 

So far since this update about an hour ago, no issues on zfold4, works just like it used to.

mod edit: merged comments

Carguy4002
Underground

Hows it going so far?

0 Kudos

fdraven1
Opening Act

No Issues, let it set for 15 minutes, then unpaused it and skipped. works just like it used to.

0 Kudos

jyoung
Underground

Glad to hear they finally got things fixed. It's too little, too late for me though. I'm ✌🏾. Pandora failed all of us in many way. I refuse to give them another dime. 

0 Kudos