cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Shuffle Stations is Missing

limited
Local Performer

Not sure if there was an update to the app or not, but now I can't shuffle stations on the app.  This function is still available on the web/desktop version, but not on the Android app.  Am I missing something, or did it get removed?  If Shuffle Stations got removed from the app, I will stop using pandora, as this is the only thing that makes Pandora good.

Labels (1)
28 Replies

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @kendenny 

I've moved your post to an existing thread under Shuffle Stations is Missing.

Sorry to hear your shuffle button is missing, but it should be available across all devices. Let's try running through the standard troubleshooting steps to see if it helps. 

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know how it goes and whether you're able to view your Shuffle after.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

kendenny
Opening Act

That didn't do it but I figured it out myself. On the My Collection I have to tap "All" then select "Stations" and the shuffle button is where it always was before. Somehow my "My Collection" page got changed from "Stations" to "All"

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing that information, @kendenny. Sounds like you were able to sort things out from your end. If anything else pops up, please don't hesitate to let us know. In the meantime, happy listening! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Headsong
Local Performer

Wow, been going crazy for two hours. This is pretty dumb! I did finally find it once sorting by stations...but c'mon, why make it so hard and driving your folks crazy??!! Put the button back where it was! Thx, by the way....now shuffling....

0 Kudos

Seanhack13
Local Performer

Same issue with not havin the shuffle anymore and can not get it on android

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Seanhack13 Can you please send me a screenshot of what you see when sorting your collection by Stations?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

You should see the option to Shuffle on that screen.

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Local Performer
I was able to get it to shuffle again. I didn't realize the "shuffle" on
the heading meant it wasn't in Shuffle mode. I never take it out of
shuffle but apparently I searched for Glenn Miller and that made me chose
just his station.
It is all good now.
Thanks for the reply.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @3609. Sounds you were able to adjust your shuffle settings successfully. I've included steps below in case other community friends have trouble too.

You can edit the stations that are played in Shuffle mode from your Station List.

Editing Shuffle:

• Go to My Collection.
    • Free and Plus listeners, press and hold the Shuffle stations option at the top of your Station List.
    • Pandora Premium listeners, filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.
  • Once the Shuffle Options screen appears, you can select or deselect as many stations as you'd like.

Touch the back arrow in the upper left again to save your changes and return to your station list.

Turning off Shuffle:

To turn shuffle off, simply click or tap the name of a different station.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

shawngiles
Local Performer

Thanks love the station 

0 Kudos