cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Song automatically set to repeat when opening app

WizardlyIII
Local Performer

I'm having this issue on the Google pixel 6a and have been experiencing it for several months now

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora

@WizardlyIII I moved your post over to the Android space.

I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

To clarify, is the issue that when you launch the Pandora app on your Android device, the app begins playing the same song you finished off with in your last listening session?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

WizardlyIII
Local Performer

What is happening is that I log into Pandora and the song that is playing is set automatically to repeat endlessly. I can click it twice, assuming I'm not focused on driving at the time, and cycle to where it does not repeat and continue listening to music.

Then, if I close the app and reopen it at a later time it is back to repeating the same song on endless loop.

Even if I turn off the loop and select a completely new song and let it autoplay from that new song, the next time I open Pandora the new song will be set to endless loop.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@WizardlyIII Thank you for clarifying that with me.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If that does not resolve the issue, please reply back with a screenshot of what you are seeing as well.

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Additionally, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Google pixel 6a
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos