cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Songs Keep Skipping Through Without Playing

Jqueenbeen
Local Performer

I have encountered Pandora randomly skipping through songs while in the middle of one. It then tells me my skip limit exceeded and I have skipped anything. I restarted a few times and it keeps happening. Any update? Are the Russians hacking Pandora?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jqueenbeen. 👋

Thanks for your post, and sorry to hear about the skipping.

What device are you using when this happens?

What is the make and model?

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Jqueenbeen
Local Performer
Hello, 

Google pixel 6 is the device
I have also had problems with Pandora on the Galaxy 10
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jqueenbeen I moved your post over to the Android section to keep everything organized. 

I also enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this information with our engineering team.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Landonpotts
Local Performer

I have been trying to listening to music but it keeps on skipping through the music and I won't stop

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Landonpotts I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Songs Keep Skipping Through Without Playing

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Tr1818
Local Performer

This still hasn't been fixed over a year later... Mine is doing the same thing

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Tr1818 

I recommend updating your app. We just released version 2208.2 for Android devices, check out here on How to update the Pandora App.

In addition, try running through our standard troubleshooting steps here, if you haven't already: Android Troubleshooting

If you continue to experience issues with this, can you send over a bit more info about your device so that I can report this?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have any error messages popped up?

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Bhensley
Local Performer

I get random skips too. It happens on my Android phone (pixel 4a) and when I'm casting to my Google Chromecast TV. 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @Bhensley 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this information with our engineering team.

In the meantime, let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if this helps with the skipping issue. From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Hope this helps, let us know if this works!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos