cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Still able to listen without an internet connection

wex0620
Local Performer

Can you help me with a mystery? I was very happily listening to a favorite Pandora station via wifi on my android phone (in airplane mode)  over bluetooth to my headphones. I was fiddling with my phone settings and accidentally turned off wifi, expecting my music to quickly stop. It didn't. It kept going for almost an hour until I needed to shut it down. The mystery is this:  wifi is off (confirmed when I tried to access email and my phone told me I was offline), airplane mode is on (confirmed visually) so how was I able to keep listening to Pandora?

If it matters, I'm a Pandora-plus subscriber. The Android phone (Samsung) is 2 years old recent and up to date with all updates. The headphones are Sony.

TIA for any insight you can give me concerning this mystery.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wex0620 I moved your post over to the Android space.

My guess, is if you were listening to one of your favorite stations already, it was likely one that is downloaded for Offline Mode.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio* and add them to your offline listening stations. 

So even without an internet connection, you'll still be able to listen to any of your downloaded stations while in Offline Mode.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wex0620 I moved your post over to the Android space.

My guess, is if you were listening to one of your favorite stations already, it was likely one that is downloaded for Offline Mode.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio* and add them to your offline listening stations. 

So even without an internet connection, you'll still be able to listen to any of your downloaded stations while in Offline Mode.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos