cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Streaming From Pandora App to Alexa Devices

jdoolittle
Underground

On my Android mobile app I can see my Google Home on the devices list, but not Alexa.

In order to play on Alexa I have to either speak directly to Alexa or I have to open the Alexa app and use Pandora through it.

This severely limits features and functionality that I want on the actual Pandora app.

Is there a way to add Alexa as a streaming device option on the Android Pandora app itself?

mod edit: title changed for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @jdoolittle. 👋

At this time, this is how to set up Pandora on Amazon Alexa on a mobile device:

1. Tap Profile > Settings (the gear icon in the top right) > Link with Alexa.
  2. When prompted to listen with Alexa, select Connect Now.
  3. You'll be taken to the Alexa app to select Link and to enable the Pandora skill. (If you do not have the Alexa app installed you will need to enter your Amazon account login and password first).
  4. Finish by selecting Got it!
  5. Return to the Music settings to set Pandora as your Default Music Library and Default Station.

++

To group a set of Alexa-enabled devices together, follow these instructions on Amazon's help site.

If you'd like to see other options to play Pandora on your Alexa device, I would recommend creating a feature request in this section of the community.

You can also find out more information about how Pandora works on Alexa in this article from our help site.

Hope to see you around the community more often! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @jdoolittle. 👋

At this time, this is how to set up Pandora on Amazon Alexa on a mobile device:

1. Tap Profile > Settings (the gear icon in the top right) > Link with Alexa.
  2. When prompted to listen with Alexa, select Connect Now.
  3. You'll be taken to the Alexa app to select Link and to enable the Pandora skill. (If you do not have the Alexa app installed you will need to enter your Amazon account login and password first).
  4. Finish by selecting Got it!
  5. Return to the Music settings to set Pandora as your Default Music Library and Default Station.

++

To group a set of Alexa-enabled devices together, follow these instructions on Amazon's help site.

If you'd like to see other options to play Pandora on your Alexa device, I would recommend creating a feature request in this section of the community.

You can also find out more information about how Pandora works on Alexa in this article from our help site.

Hope to see you around the community more often! :pandora:

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Ru2
Underground

It sounds like your answer side-steps a pretty direct question. Presently when I'm playing Pandora on my phone and tap the cast icon it only offers me an android device I've previously linked. So are you saying that Pandora is not provisioned to cast to an Echo device?

Ru2
Underground

I am flabbergasted that Pandora support would treat me this way. I specifically addressed, in my last reply, how the "accepted solution" goes around the actual question. Like @jdoolittle  who did not 'love' your answer, as it doesn't actually deal with the question, it is the same for me. We've done what you offer, which does not result in Pandora being castable to an Echo device. Maybe you just aren't understanding the question?

Enabling Pandora as an Alexa skill is a separate item, that, while allowing us to play Pandora on an Echo device, doesn't fulfill the same function as casting to that device from Pandora. There is a specific reason we are seeking this other option, the one available with linking to Android. If this is not an option with Alexa just tell us straight! And better yet, offer the same for Alexa as you do for Android... but please, no more automated no-reply emails claiming a solution, as that solution solves a different concern.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Ru2. 👋

Thanks so much for your patience over the holidays. Sorry for any confusion regarding the accepted solution of this thread. 

Further review indicates that Amazon Alexa does not support casting with 3rd party apps, such as Pandora. Currently, Amazon only supports casting with their own products, such as Amazon Music. For additional questions or feature requests involving casting with an Alexa device, I would recommend contacting their support team directly. 

++

From your Android, there are three options for streaming Pandora to an external Alexa-enabled device: 

1. Pair Alexa with Pandora using the steps in the accepted solution.
  2. Connect to your external speaker / device using the Bluetooth feature.
  3. Use the Alexa app to pair your phone to that device.

You can also find out more information about how Pandora works on Alexa in this article from our help site.

Hope this helps clarify. 🎧

0 Kudos

Mattd32000
Local Performer

Spotify allows it. 

Ru2
Underground

Thanks Matt, I don't use Spotify, believe it or not! 😊 My situation was Pandora specific.

emmanueln
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora , there are several posts about this feature.  Can we get it to the Product Ownership team please?

0 Kudos