cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Thumbed Up Songs Keep Skipping

Inini
Underground

I just started having this issue today, myself. I was listening fine for a good hour or so, and then it started skipping through "thumbed up" songs. 

Click on the song, the pause button displays, then greys out, then next song, pause displays, then greys out, then next song, etc cetera. It does this without about 6 songs then just stops. It attempts to play each song for about 1 second and then moves on. 

This even happens with songs that I've already listened to today. Searching for songs does the same thing. 

This is happening on the Android App on my phone, on both Wifi and Mobil Data. 

Just a quick update: rebooting my phone DID resolve the issue. 

Just to review the details:

Platform: Android App ver 2205.1.1 running on stock Nokia G300

Scope of Affect: Multiple songs, some of which were listened to recently and others which have not been listened to in months

Impression: Due to the recent emergence of this issue within the last year and it's ability to affect numerous different platforms, browsers, and operating systems, this appears to be a server side issue which was likely introduced by backend changes implemented within the past year. Since this affected song which were recently listened to (cached in the filesystem) as well as song which have not been listened to recently (not cached in the filesystem) this does NOT appear to be a corruption of the local cache. 

I hope that helps ya'll try to narrow this down.

mod edit: merged comments

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Inini. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Sorry to hear that was happening.

Sounds like you were able to get back to listening without any issues.

Often times, the troubleshooting steps can help resolve listening issues: Android Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, please provide the following and I can share this with our engineering team on your behalf:

• Model: Nokia G300
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version: 2205.1.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Both
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know if you continue to have trouble. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos