cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to Add Artist To Station

mntegra014
Local Performer

I keep trying to add Maya Isac to a station and it keeps saying ' we're experiencing unexpected technical difficulties'  I can't add any artist

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @misterconjunto. 👋

Thanks for letting me know about this. I've gone ahead and reported this over to our curation team for you. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @mntegra014. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into this error message.

• Does this happen with a specific station or all of your stations?
  • Which station are you attempting to add this artist to?

In the meantime, I would recommend running through these steps to see if it resolves your issue: Android Troubleshooting

++

If the issue persists, could you share a bit more about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

mntegra014
Local Performer

Well, it seems pandora just doesn't like that artist because I cannot add her as a starting station either. Maya Isac is the artist in question.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mntegra014 I appreciate you getting back to me with that information. I've gone ahead and shared your feedback with our curation team. They will look further into this on your behalf.

Thanks for letting me know about this, and for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Agidiotu
Local Performer

Hi there

I'm trying to  add Ohmygod(Nigeria) to my station but it's grayed out. Kindly resolve.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Agidiotu. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Android: Unable to Add Artist To Station

I've gone ahead and shared your feedback with our curation team. They will review this per your request.

Thanks for your patience while they work on this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Lochlyn
Local Performer

Model: Samsung Galaxy S8

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Android version (Settings > About Phone): 9

Pandora version: 2107.1

I see the same error when trying to add anything to a station created from "Nocturnal Waltz" by Johannes Bornlöf, or to create a new station from artist Lucas King.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Lochlyn. 👋

Thanks for reporting this.

I was able to add Lucas King Radio to your Pandora account. Is this the correct station you're referring to?

You can view it here: Lucas King Radio

++

Regarding the "Noctural Waltz" track - what is the station name? I was unable to find this station on your account under Noctural Waltz Radio.

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

tomevansc
Local Performer

Hello the same thing happened with me the song Best **ahem** love around by Thomas Evans I cannot add or start station gives me the pop-up message unexpected technical difficulties

Screenshot_2021-12-09-07-01-21-929_com.pandora.android.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-09-07-02-56-020_com.pandora.android.jpg

 same thing I cannot start a station with this artist tells me that it's unavailable but I can play and had too personal playlists that I can't start a station

Screenshot_2021-12-09-07-04-08-377_com.pandora.android.jpg

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @tomevansc. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

I've shared your feedback with our curation team for further review. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

misterconjunto
Local Performer

Hi! Hello there Alyssa. Same issue happening to my artist page. Artist name: Pepito Montes, can’t start station or add the artist to any other station. Says unavailable but is available on demand after a commercial. Please help 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @misterconjunto. 👋

Thanks for letting me know about this. I've gone ahead and reported this over to our curation team for you. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Polgara
Local Performer

Having this same issue with

"Shadow Cliq"

"Hvdes & Shadow Cliq"

The Song "Catacomb" by "Hvdes & Shadow Cliq"

Have had this issue with a number of other artist as well.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Polgara I've passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can further investigate.

In the meantime, if there are any other artists out there that you are unable to create a station for due to the button being greyed out, feel free to let us know and we can pass those along as well.

Thanks for reporting!

0 Kudos

K3lusive
Local Performer

Similar situation above. Unable to add artist "androp". 

Message received: "this artist isn't currently available to start a station." 

When trying to play any of their songs, just brings me back to artists' page.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reporting this, @K3lusive.

Your feedback has now been passed along to our curation team for further review.

0 Kudos

NStorey
Local Performer

I am having the same issue with the artist "Selphius"

I can't add their songs to a station or start a station with them

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NStorey I've escalated this to our curation team for further review. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Ibchillin42
Local Performer

This issue is listed as solved, but there is no resolution. I'm having this issue with Samurai Pizza Cats, and I keep checking all these forums and the only resolution to all the "solved" issues is that "the issue has been forwarded to the curation team." Is there an actual fix for this? Or are we just supposed to sit here forever and keep paying you while the only answer you give us is "it's being worked on"?

Edit: I was attempting to add Samurai Pizza Cats to a station on my Galaxy S22 Ultra and kept getting the "We're experiencing technical difficulties" error, however when I logged into Pandora on a computer, the band, and all of the songs I was given the error for, they were added to the station already. They are not listed on mobile as being part of the station, but they are listed as being part of the station on PC. Will they contribute to the station on mobile?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Ibchillin42. 👋

Thanks for your message, and for your feedback. Sorry to hear you encountered that error message.

Something to note: You may encounter a portion of songs or albums that are unavailable or labeled "Radio Only" due to our current licensing restrictions.

We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be played on stations, on-demand, or offline. In the meantime, your feedback would be passed along to the team that handles our music collection so they can look deeper into this. However, the moderators aren't given a timeline or ETA by the team, but you can rest assured all pertinent information shared on community threads is reported to the appropriate party. 

++

Could you share which station you're having trouble with?

Do you have a large amount of seeds on that station?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos