cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to Start Premium Access

adgraham1
Underground

On Android app on phone, search a song, hit play icon, nothing happens. On desktop app search same song, play icon works and plays song. Have cleared cache, force stopped, uninstalled/reinstalled app. Pandora plus, sometimes search a song that requires I listen to a short ad, fine, get a premium session for this song or something. Anyway, frustrating to hit play over and over on phone and nothing happens. Latest version Android 12, Pixel 3a.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
31 Replies

Jcc-13
Local Performer

Thanks Adam I hope Pandora can get this figured out because it used to work just fine it won't let replay a song it used to play an advertisement then it would let me replay the song it's not playing any ads if I press the skips to many times it says to many skips and doesn't play any advertisements to get more skips I just have to listen to the song 

0 Kudos

Jcc-13
Local Performer

Has anyone came up with any solutions to my problems with Pandora yet thanks 

0 Kudos

Jcc-13
Local Performer

Not showing ads so i can repeat a song or listen to my thumbs up songs

Just wondering if a solution is going to be found for my problem thanks

0 Kudos

Jaimegcus
Underground

hello, I had the same problem on my android phone, the problem was an active adblocker as soon as I deactivate it it worked.

0 Kudos

Jaimegcus
Underground

hello, i had the same problem on my android phone, the problem was an active adblocker as soon as i deactivate it it worked.

Hopefully works for you too

Jcc-13
Local Performer

I don't know if I have a active ad blocker how do I find out.

I don't think I have a adblocker anymore I used to have totaladblock but I don't have it anymore and I don't believe I have any other adblockers but how can I find out if I do and any suggestions to what to do if I don't have any adblockers I mean my Pandora I have the free version but it won't play ads so I can't repeat a song and the all the songs I have a thumbs up on it won't let me play any of them when it used to let me it's been doing it for awhile now I would like it to do what it was doing before thank you 

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

Jaimegcus
Underground

In my case I had a private dns active, I deactivated it and it worked correctly. 

Screenshot_20230710-172656.png

KaydenEidyak
Underground

In the last week or so I've noticed I've not been able to search for songs to listen to on demand. Normally I can search for a song, it plays an ad, and then I can search and listen to several songs of my choosing within a certain time period. Now when I tap the play button nothing happens. It only let's me start a station based on that song. I have cleared the cache and data, and un-installed and reinstalled the app. I have allowed for the app to run in the background, and for it to not optimize battery usage. I have Pandora Plus. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KaydenEidyak I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Unable to Start Premium Access

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team.

To clarify, does this only happen with a specific song, or are you unable to listen to any song you search for?

Additionally, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

KaydenEidyak
Underground

Yes, this happens with any song I attempt to listen to.

Galaxy A51

Straighttalk via Verizon towers

Android version 13

Build number: TP1A.220624.014.S515DLUEFWI2

Security patch level: August 1, 2023

Pandora version: 2310.1

This happens both over wifi and with cellular data. There are no other patterns other than it simply does not work. I can search for the songs like normal, but nothing happens when I tap play. 

Thank you very much. 

0 Kudos

KaydenEidyak
Underground

Hi Adam, 

It's come to my attention that my issue was caused by a complete phone ad blocker. I have not had it affect ads embedded in apps before, so it did not ocurr to me to think it could be the problem. Thanks for your assistance. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KaydenEidyak Thank you for updating us on this. 

Hope we continue to see you around the Community!

0 Kudos