cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Wrong song gets casted to Sonos

KeeMoney
Local Performer

I have Pandora  installed on Glaxay S22, I have the $4.99 per month service. If I go to a hip hop station and cast a rap song to sonos a R&B song plays. If I disconnect the rap song will play from my phone, and if I cast again a different song R&B plays. I tried playing Jay Z, Jadakiss, and a couple other rap stations, but when I cast the JayZ station even if the song selected doesn't cast it should still be a rap song not a slow R&B song. I tried logging out Pandora and logging back in and when I cast a slow song was playing on Sonos and the rap on my phone at the same time. So I had to force the Pandora app to stop because wouldn't disconnect from sonos

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KeeMoney Thanks for sharing your experience on the Community.

Can you please confirm that if you start the song first on your phone and then cast to Sonos, does the same thing occur?

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to try and reproduce this issue on your end.

The next time this happens, please send us:

• the exact date/time it happened
  • the name of the station you attempted to play
  • the name of the station that actually played on Sonos when casted

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

KeeMoney
Local Performer
I just tested and the same thing is happening with songs not casting correctly. It starts around 4:02 pm EST, but I didn’t track songs to 4:05 pm EST.

1. Ok, I'm listening to Before I let you go R&B radio station on Samsung galaxy tablet S7.
2. Song playing New Edition, "Can you stand the rain" playing using device speakers.
3. When I cast to sonos, Pandora started playing rap song "Hellucination" by Smif-N-Wesson ** got a message saying only one person can listen at a time and I selected let me listen.
4. I disconnect from sonos and a R&B song started playing R Kelly "Bump and Grind" loud using tablet speakers.
5. On tablet I switched station to Baby Face station a R&B station and Kut Klose "I Like" was playing loud on tablet speakers.
6. Cast to sonos, and rap song started playing "Survival of the fittest" by Mobb Deep.
7. Disconnected from sonos and a R&B song started playing on tablet "Sexy Love" by Neyo
8. I concluded test at 4:09 pm EST

Earlier today in my car through my phone...I was listening to rap through my car speakers the Jay Z station, and the last station I was listening to was Smif-N-Wesson; which explains the rap songs that come up every time I connect to sonos those are the type of rap songs that would play on the last rap station I was listening too Smif-N-Wesson while I was driving. I'm definitely not the expert, but it's like if I'm listening to a station for a long time, when I switch to a different station and cast to sonos the old station music still plays. In my case I'm switching genres so getting rap when cast and R&B on device.

Today I'm using tablet, but yesterday was my phone and Pandora was doing the same thing. Please let me know if you need me to test again.

Kia

Get Outlook for Android<>
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KeeMoney I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Galaxy S22
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos