cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App always starts in Offline Mode

bonhamsurf
Local Performer

My Pandora on my Galaxy S10 has recently always started in "Offline Mode". It doesn't matter if I'm connected to my WiFi or using my 4G. It just started a few weeks ago. I have tons of space on my phone, unlimited data, etc.

But every time I open the App on my phone, it's starts in Offline Mode. I've tried everything.

I have a year of downloading music to my phone, so I don't want to uninstall and reinstall the App.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bonhamsurf Welcome to the community!

Let's go ahead and try some troubleshooting to see if we can fix that.

Please try the following steps from your Android mobile phone:

• Go to your Android Settings.
  • Tap on Network & Internet, then tap Data Usage off and back on.
  • Finally, ensure Mobile Data is toggled on.

Let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
52 Replies

stevenomes
Opening Act

when you go into your profile settings (gear icon when in profile tab) is the "offline mode" toggle switched on? i doubt it is but this would be basic fix if it is. i will say this was happening to me for a while as well though i dont notice it anymore. i think i thad something to do with moving from wi-fi to cellular. like if i had pandora open and dropped my wifi (for example i had it open in the house then went in my car to leave for work and switch to data) it would start in offline mode. though usuallly after a minute or two it would automatically go to normal mode again. very odd. 

0 Kudos

bonhamsurf
Local Performer

Yes, the OFFLINE is toggled "ON" every time I open it. It doesn't matter if I'm on WIFI or cellular data. It's a bit frustrating when I am driving because it's illegal to use a phone while driving here, so trying to get it to go back to Online can get me a ticket. Also, just aggrevating in general.

Thank you,

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bonhamsurf Welcome to the community!

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

jvanwals
Underground

Each and EVERY time I open the Pandora app, it opens in Off Line mode.  Doesn't matter if my phone is connected to my home wifi or verizon's LTE, it always opens in Off Line mode.  I have to manually tell the app to go on line.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @jvanwals!

I have seen some reports of this recently. 

Let me know how it goes, and whether this helps!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

jvanwals
Underground

yes, it's enabled/on

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jvanwals 

Sorry to hear those steps didn't help.

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Settings and scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Let me know what you can find out. We really appreciate your help with this.

0 Kudos

Lakamine74
Local Performer

Obviously mobile data is on as it's required to have a connection. Mine has been doing this for over a year. Anytime i open the app, it immediately goes into offline mode. The only way to change it is to go into settings and toggle it off again. It doesn't matter what connection I have, it ALWAYS starts in offline. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, doesn't change anything. There really should be a fix for this by now considering how long it's been going on

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Lakamine74

I completely understand your frustation.

Where are you listening when this occurs (home, work, or on the go)?

Could you also provide more info about your device? I'd like to ensure your information is shared with our engineering team.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

BrewMaster730
Local Performer

I am having the exact same problem. Have been using Pandora for years and with my S9+ since last year. Since a few weeks ago, Pandora automatically starts in offline mode for no reason. No changes to my setting were recently made and it doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or 4G.  It's so annoying

0 Kudos

Matveh
Local Performer

Same problem. Started happening about a month ago. Really annoying. Any solution yet?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Matveh Sorry to hear that you're experiencing the same thing.

It sounds like you've already run through the troubleshooting steps listed above.

We're still working on a fix for this particular issue.

Please provide the following so I can share this with our engineering team:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
0 Kudos

diablodawg
Local Performer

Same thing on both my phone and tablet. 

Phone Samsung Galaxy s6 mod sm-g920f. Pandora version 1910.3 android Turner 1910.3rc10

Tablet Samsung tab s2  sm-t710 android version 6.0.1 security patch 1 Aug 2017

Build no mmb29k.t710xxs2crh1

Please fix this, super annoying. Spotify doesn't do this. 

diablodawg
Local Performer

Same thing on both my phone and tablet. 

Phone Samsung Galaxy s6 mod sm-g920f. Pandora version 1910.3 android Turner 1910.3rc10

Tablet Samsung tab s2  sm-t710 android version 6.0.1 security patch 1 Aug 2017

Build no mmb29k.t710xxs2crh1

Please fix this, super annoying. Spotify doesn't do this. 

0 Kudos

DMG
Local Performer

same! Android 9, OnePlus 7 Pro. Really annoying. Been trying to automate Pandora starting with my car using Tasker. This issue has prevented me from automating it because Pandora always gets stuck in offline mode on startup. Is there a way to disable offline mode entirely? i don't ever want to use offline mode. if there is no connection, i want it to sit there and keep trying to connect til it gets thru. 

I also force close the app when my car stops using Root privileges thru Tasker. I dont want the app running in the background of my phone when im not using it. But maybe that force close is screwing it up for the next time its opened?

0 Kudos

jaygerwolf
Local Performer

Same

S10+

Offline mode is off, do not want Pandora to run in offline mode, if no service Pandora should fail.

Service is solid and can surf and do anything else with my phone and network service

I close the app when not in use and then no matter what next time I start the App again it starts in Offline mode and have to keep pressing the offline mode till it switches back over, I have not done anything else.  Since nothing else changes but hitting that offline mode button seems problem with the App.

0 Kudos

nmeisberger
Local Performer

And here u  searching pandora for the exact same reason  I'd say about a mo ago all of sudden every **ahem** time I start the app I am in offline mode. Went searching on settings on app and phone and nothing has changed. Of course it's toggled to offline mode bc I am in offline mode when I start the app and go to settings silly tech dude. Anyways very freaking annoying. Avid pandora user and never had problem b4 now. Pls fix it for us like yesterday. And we all seem to be having the same problem and all different make and model of phones, as mine is samsung j7 (yes older one but it works for me lol) and point is it doesn't matter clearly a pandora issue and not our phones or settings. Very annoyed as u can tell. 

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nmeisberger Thanks for your feedback regarding this issue. 

I definitely understand your frustration. 

Our engineering team is currently looking into this issue, and we have shared this thread with them.

Rest assured we're working diligently to get this resolved.

Thanks for your patience while we work on this!

0 Kudos

stuco
Local Performer

Exact same problem for about 3-4 months now. Probably takes about 3-4 tries of switching to online mode for the app to finally go online. Thanks for your efforts to fix this.

• Model: SM-G955U (Galaxy S8+)
  • Carrier: T-Mobile
  • Android Version: 9
  • Build: PPR1.180610.011.G955USQS7DSK2
  • Security Patch: November 1, 2019
  • Pandora: 1911.1RC7