cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App always starts in Offline Mode

bonhamsurf
Local Performer

My Pandora on my Galaxy S10 has recently always started in "Offline Mode". It doesn't matter if I'm connected to my WiFi or using my 4G. It just started a few weeks ago. I have tons of space on my phone, unlimited data, etc.

But every time I open the App on my phone, it's starts in Offline Mode. I've tried everything.

I have a year of downloading music to my phone, so I don't want to uninstall and reinstall the App.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
52 Replies

TheIceMan333
Underground

• Model: Samsung 10 plus SM-G975U
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):9
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):PPR1.1806.011.G975USQS2BSIV
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):November 1, 2019
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Settings and scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number. 1911.1( ANDROID-Tuner 1911.1RC7)
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora - I can't do this one

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for that helpful information, @stuco.

I've reported this over to our engineering team. 

@TheIceMan333 We're aware of this issue, and are looking into it. 

We appreciate everyone's patience while they work on this! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

jvanwals
Underground

I have the same issue on my Pixel 2, and I'm sure in a few hours when my Pixel 4 arrives I'll experience the same issue. I have reached out to Pandora and nothing, I MEAN NOTHING has been done about this short of try this, try that, try something else, try wrapping aluminum foil around your head.  Customer service has gone the way of the dodo bird, extinct since they were taken over by Sirius.  If you’ve ever reached out to Sirius’s customer service, you’ll want to jump off the highest bridge in your neighborhood, it’s that bad.  So sad they don’t put customers first, we’re the ones that put food on their tables.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TheIceMan333 Thanks so much for sharing your device info. 

Rest assured, I've passed this along to our engineering team. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

TheIceMan333
Underground

I've been waiting on someone to get back with me on the issue of connection in the offline mode, has anybody found a solution yet???

0 Kudos

Selorex
Local Performer
I've been having the same issue. S10+. I've resolved the issue by going to pandora application data (hold down on the application, select app info, select mobile data, make sure allow background data usage and allow data while data saver is on are toggled.) Hopefully it helps.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing this helpful info, @Selorex.

Hopefully this is helps other listeners while our engineers work on this. 🎶

ChartreuseBison
Local Performer
Same problem here. I tried the background data toggle someone else suggested, it was already on. But I have had this problem when on a strong WiFi signal too. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app also. My Device: Pixel 2 Verizon Android 10 November 5 2019 security patch Pandora v1911.2 and yes mobile data is on
0 Kudos

LAB
Local Performer

"If you’ve ever reached out to Sirius’s customer service, you’ll want to jump off the highest bridge in your neighborhood, it’s that bad." 

SO true! You've summed up Sirius customer service precisely. Personally, I think they should outsource their CS to trained monkeys. They would do a much better job. BTW, I'm having the same problem with Pandora on my phone switching constantly to offline mode. My offline mode switch is turned to off. Hmmmm.....  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ChartreuseBison Thanks so much for providing your device details.

This is extremely helpful, and I'll be sure to pass this along.

Our engineering team is working on a fix for this. Your patience is appreciated while they work on this!

0 Kudos

Iguana-PR
Underground
Exactly the same problem as well on my Galaxy S9+. Pandora customer since 2005 and so frustrated by this that I'm about to cancel.
0 Kudos

Xraysix
Local Performer

Clearly this still isn't fixed. Very annoying.

Happens to me every time I start Pandora.

0 Kudos

Maddie2005
Local Performer

So it just started. It shows up as offline when I am connected to wifi. My connection is strong. And it wont even let me change it from offline to online. It just keeps saying  like try again, no connection. I tried uninstalling the app. That didnt work. I tried turning my phone off and back on again, and that didnt work at all. I tried disconnecting my wifi then connecting again. That didnt help. What do I do. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Xraysix I recommend running through the suggested troubleshooting steps I provided in my post above

If you continue to experience issues with this. can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Settings and scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Let me know what you can find out. We really appreciate your help with this.

0 Kudos

madmax209
Local Performer

Hey Adam,

Same issue for me as well.

• Model: Pixel 3
  • Android version: 10
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone): QP1A.191105.003
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): Nov 5. 2019
  • Pandora version: 1912.1

I suspect that it isn't handling transitions between WiFi and Mobile data correctly and the offline becomes the set until the user actively attempts to hit "Go online" in the app.

As other users have suggested this issue is persistent since before Nov. 2019, and pretty annoying TBH. Are there any additional app level logs I can share with you so a Dev can repro and actually get this fixed?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@madmax209 Nice to see you around the community.

I recommend running through the suggested troubleshooting steps I provided in my post above

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos

Xraysix
Local Performer

Adam, if Mobile Data wasn't on, my phone wouldn't work.  This happens on WiFi as well as Mobile Data.

I use Samsung Galaxy S9

Android V- 9

Build: PPR1.180610.011.G960USQS7CSK5

Security Patch : 1 DEC 19

Pandora V1912.1

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Xraysix Thanks for writing back with that. I've sent this over to our engineers.

This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Maddie2005 I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similiar issue.

I recommend running through the suggested troubleshooting steps I provided in my post above

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos

Bg323gtr
Local Performer

I too have been dealing with this for close to probably a year now. Most of the time but not everytime I open my pandora weather on wifi or not I can have full 4g bars and will start off offline and I have to click the toggle to online.

0 Kudos