cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App incorrectly saying, "You have not thumbed any tracks for this station"

jasonwpegg
Underground

Hello, Community!

When I pull up some of my stations in the app on my Android phone, they incorrectly say, "You have not thumbed any tracks for this station."  Those same stations look correct when viewed from a browser on a desktop.  As a Premium subscriber, I sometimes enjoy just playing through my thumbed-up songs.  This isn't possible in these situations.

I believe this is a bug in the Android App.  I have a station with 117 thumbed-up songs, but in the app it shows that there are 100.  The three stations that supposedly have no thumbed-up songs have 129, 191, and 290 thumbed up songs, respectively.  I believe there is a bug in the way the app handles stations with more than 100 songs in the list.  A few more than 100 seems to get handled okay.  A lot more than 100 and it simply reports 0.

Please let me know if there is a way around this, or if this is indeed a bug and can be reported to the development team.  Thank you for your time!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for pointing this out, @jasonwpegg!

I checked in with our User Support team and a few other listeners have reported similar issues. 

Is it possible to share a screenshot of one of those stations from the Pandora app on your Android?

++

Also, would you mind providing the following info so I can report this to our engineering team? We do have a ticket open and this would be helpful info to pass along to them.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

jasonwpegg
Underground

Thanks for the help, @AlyssaPandora!  As requested:

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U)
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • Android Version: 9
  • Build Number: PPR1.180610.011.G950USQS6DSI4
  • Android Security Patch Level: September 1, 2019
  • Pandora Version: 1910.2 (ANDROID-TUNER 1910.2RC11)

I've tested the app using just 4G, just WiFi, and WiFi with 4G also on - I get the same behavior across each (and I did a force stop between each test to make sure it wasn't caching).  Two of the stations that exhibit this behavior are downloaded stations; one is not.  For a brief time this morning, one of the three problem stations suddenly went from "no thumbed songs" to "100".  I actually saw it make the change.  When I first tapped into the station it said I had none.  About three seconds later it said I had 100 and showed a handful of the thumbed songs (which replaced the "You have not thumbed any tracks for this station" message).  This evening that same station is back to "no thumbed songs."

As requested, I've included photos of one of the stations below.  The first photo shows the top of the station information while the second shows the "no thumbed songs" message.

Thank you again for any help you can provide.  I'm a software architect by trade, so please feel free to reach out if there are any additional tests I can run or information I can provide.  Thanks!

VFF-01.jpgVFF-02.jpg

0 Kudos