cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Delete a Playlist

Radjr111068
Local Performer

How do I delete a Playlist I do not want anymore.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Radjr111068. 👋

To delete a playlist from your Pandora app, go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to delete. This will bring you to your playlist settings.

Next, tap the Edit icon below the album art, scroll down and select Delete Playlist.*

To delete a playlist from our website, click the title of the playlist from the Now Playing or My Collection page. Then hover over the check mark below the album art and click Delete Playlist.*

*Please note that you won't be able to recover a deleted playlist on your end at this time. If you accidentally delete a playlist, let us know and we can help restore it for you.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Radjr111068. 👋

To delete a playlist from your Pandora app, go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to delete. This will bring you to your playlist settings.

Next, tap the Edit icon below the album art, scroll down and select Delete Playlist.*

To delete a playlist from our website, click the title of the playlist from the Now Playing or My Collection page. Then hover over the check mark below the album art and click Delete Playlist.*

*Please note that you won't be able to recover a deleted playlist on your end at this time. If you accidentally delete a playlist, let us know and we can help restore it for you.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

tcentrix
Underground

if i delete a playlist will it affect any of my stations in ANY WAY?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @tcentrix. 👋

No - deleting a playlist does just that, deletes the playlist. This shouldn't impact your station whatsoever.

Also, playlists can always be restored should you decide that you want it back. You can let us know and we can make that change for you. 🎧

0 Kudos

tcentrix
Underground

I use Pandora free account.

sometimes I am in a paid trial account when I click to hear a specific song. It is in there that I see playlists...i never use playlists

unlike STATIONS...playlists allow me to add specific songs...

If I add a specific song to playlist...

will it also be added to my STATION?

That would be a way to add specific songs to a STATION.

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tcentrix I do see that you enabled complimentary sessions of Premium to listen to songs / albums on-demand. You can find out more about how these free sessions work in this helpful article. Playlists are only a feature of Premium.

Stations vs. Playlists:

• Stations on Pandora Premium act more like terrestrial radio stations, though they are guided by Thumb feedback or added seeds. While listening to a station, you can Thumb Up or Down songs to help us learn what to play next.
  • Playlists, on the other hand, are custom, guided by your personal choice. You can add specific content or and albums in the order you prefer. If you need help building your playlists, you can enlist the help of Pandora's Music Genome by selecting Add Similar Songs. You'll always have the option to edit our recommendation

++

Variety on your Stations:

In the meantime, you can add variety to your stations. This will impact your station. 

To add variety to a station:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit. 

• If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap either the Thumb or small "i" icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.

3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.

4. Use the + Add Variety button to search for an artist or track to add as a seed on your station.

Keep in mind that each seed you add will inspire hundreds of other songs, so a little variety goes a long way.

Note: you won't be able to add variety to your Thumbprint Radio station or to genre stations curated by Pandora. If you'd like more information about why, let me know.

To remove variety from your station (a "seed" that you've added in the past):
Follow steps #1 - 3 and then tap the small (X) beside the item(s) you'd like to remove. 

Hope this helps! 🎧

0 Kudos

tcentrix
Underground

playlists allow me to add specific songs...

If I add a specific song to playlist...

will that same song also be added to my STATION?

That would be a way to add specific songs to a STATION.

0 Kudos

KillerUnicorn42
Local Performer

mostlikely not but if you listen to crowd favorites mode eventually some of your music may bleed into it but only on crowd favs 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Correct, you can add your chosen songs to a playlist. However, playlists and stations are separate on Pandora.

If you add a song to a playlist - it won't show up on a station. 

If you add variety to a station, this song will show up on your station at some point.

At this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations. While these Pandora stations will learn what you like and don't like based on Thumbs feedback, it's not possible to predict exactly which song will play next. 

Hope this clarify. 🎧

0 Kudos

BrysonW515
Local Performer

I found the fastest way to get rid of a playlists 

1. Collect all the songs in your playlists if not already (Can be found by going into playlists and selecting more).

2. When your Collect button has a  check mark then move on to step 3

3. Hit the Collect button while it has the check mark and a confirmation notification will appear and then select delete and your done.