cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Device Activation Code

obac80joe
Local Performer

How do I get a device activation code for a Samsung android. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @HWDieselStump👋

If you're attempting to activate Pandora on your mobile device, you already have simply by signing into the app with your Pandora account email address and password.

++

Device Activation: The Device Activation tab is for activating your Pandora account on in-home devices such as Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, etc. These devices generate codes that need to be entered on a separate device for activation.

If you'd like to activate Pandora on an in-home device, such as a Smart TV or Blu-ray player, you can do so using the following steps:

• Launch the Pandora application
  • Select New User
  • An activation page will appear with a code - leave this code up on the device screen as you continue
  • From the web: Visit pandora.com/[brand of device] and enter the activation code there (e.g. www.pandora.com/samsung)

Alternatively, from a mobile device: Open the Pandora app and go to Settings, then tap Device Activation and enter the code. Then select Continue on the in-home device.

++

Your Password: If you're having trouble logging into your Pandora account with your password, please respond directly to this post to let me know. I can create an email support case for you to help with your password ASAP.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

65 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@obac80joe A device activation code isn't necessary to sign into Pandora on an Android phone.

Did you need help resetting your password so you can sign into your account on your phone?

If so, you will need to submit a message to our support team directly through the contact form.

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Tdriver1699
Local Performer

How or where do I get the device activation code for my phone? I just got this phone and Pandora isn't working properly

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Tdriver1699. 👋

Please check out my message about this here.If you'd like to activate Pandora on an in-home device, such as a Smart TV or Blu-ray player, feel free to use these steps to get set up.

++

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening on your mobile device?

Are you receiving any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

JKasperek52
Local Performer

resetting my Samsung Galaxy and I need an activation code

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi there, @JKasperek52.

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community tidy.

If you're attempting to activate Pandora on your mobile device, you already have simply by signing into the app with your Pandora account email address and password. You won't need a code unless you're trying to activate an in-home device such as your TV.

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Pjenkins
Local Performer

I  Purchased a new phone and I need the activation code. It says to go to my device, which is a note 8 go to the app yet the Pandora and then he had select activation CO will appear when I hit the Pandora app I do not give any message that says next

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Pjenkins Welcome to community!

As @AlyssaPandora mentioned in her post above, mobile devices do not need an activation code. The Device Activation tab is for activating your Pandora account on in-home devices such as Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, etc.

If you've already installed the Pandora app on your new phone, you'll simply need to open the app and log in with the email address and password used at the time of sign up. 

++

If you're still having trouble, could you do me favor and please take a screenshot of what you're seeing. Let me know if you need steps on how to do this. 

Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

HWDieselStump
Local Performer

No sir, I'm trying to activate my Samsung phone (device) to Pandora. The code I was given I entered and was informed it was expired. What do I do now? Please.  

I'm lost and don't understand. I have no idea what to do, have asked on "pandora community" ???

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @HWDieselStump👋

If you're attempting to activate Pandora on your mobile device, you already have simply by signing into the app with your Pandora account email address and password.

++

Device Activation: The Device Activation tab is for activating your Pandora account on in-home devices such as Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, etc. These devices generate codes that need to be entered on a separate device for activation.

If you'd like to activate Pandora on an in-home device, such as a Smart TV or Blu-ray player, you can do so using the following steps:

• Launch the Pandora application
  • Select New User
  • An activation page will appear with a code - leave this code up on the device screen as you continue
  • From the web: Visit pandora.com/[brand of device] and enter the activation code there (e.g. www.pandora.com/samsung)

Alternatively, from a mobile device: Open the Pandora app and go to Settings, then tap Device Activation and enter the code. Then select Continue on the in-home device.

++

Your Password: If you're having trouble logging into your Pandora account with your password, please respond directly to this post to let me know. I can create an email support case for you to help with your password ASAP.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎶

Labamba
Local Performer

what or how do I get my code from my device want to activate my account

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Labamba. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space tidy.

Please check out my message above regarding the device activation on your Android device.

If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach out by replying directly on this thread. 

Thanks so much for being a part of the community! 🎹

0 Kudos

colemabis313
Underground

Does the same go for iPhones?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, @colemabis313. The same goes for iOS / iPhone devices.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Baggie
Local Performer

How can I get the code from android. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Baggie. 👋

When you install the Pandora app on your Android device, you won't need an activation code. All you'll need to do is sign in using your email address or password. 

Feel free to check out the accepted solution for this here.

If you're having trouble signing into your account, please let me know by responding directly on this thread. 

0 Kudos

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

Then why is it still part of the menus on the Android app? 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scQue814 The Device Activation tab is a part of the menu for the Android app, as it is a place for activating your Pandora account on in-home devices such as Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, etc.

These devices generate codes that need to be entered on a separate device for activation.

If you have an in-home device that you need help activating, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps clarify. 😄

0 Kudos

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

This is quite helpful!  Because when I originally signed up for Pandora, we were told that EVERY SINGLE DEVICE had to be registered and that we could not have more than 2 devices that we use to access the service.  Perhaps you should update the wording on the main site for how this works so it's less confusing for everyone. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scQue814 Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about this. Please keep in mind, mobile / tablet devices don't need to be activated as all you need to do is log into your account using the Pandora app. The same goes for web browsers and the Pandora Desktop App for computers.

As @AdamPandora mentioned, in-home (TV, blu-ray, etc) and other devices may need to be activated. You can find out more about Pandora supported devices and a list of which ones need activation here.

++

Streaming on Multiple Devices:

You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password. However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

Similar to other online streaming services, our music licenses limit our ability to stream from a single account on more than one device at a time. As a result, your subscription to Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium, or Pandora Premium Family will only cover the cost of one stream to one device (per Pandora account).

For now, the only way to get the same stream to play in different locations is to play Pandora using a system that groups multiple speakers through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or a wired connection. Some examples of these systems include Sonos, Chromecast, and Amazon Alexa devices.

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos