cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download and related icons for offline listening

Frankye
Local Performer

I have many albums and stations with the green download arrow which seems to indicate I can listen to these choices in offline mode at my work when I have no WiFi or internet. This is great but it has always been a very painstaking process to setup after many different attempts. Once again, I am now trying to download another station for offline listening but I can't get access to it for offline listening. I notice I have a green icon, but instead of an arrow with it, it looks like a circle instead. What does this icon mean? What do all the downloaded and offline icons mean? Please don't partially answer this question as I've seen with other posts, or give me some of the generic answers that don't work for me. With all the trial and error I always go through, I suspect there is a programming problem with your software, but with a little (maybe much) luck after a great deal of fiddling, not this time though, I usually get things to work for offline listening. I have used Pandora with my Android phone for several years now and I am a patient engineer, but something isn't right here. 

Labels (3)
1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Frankye I moved your post to the Android space to keep the Community organized.

I'm happy to answer your questions for your.

Green icon with downward pointed arrow:

This icon indicates that the particular content you are looking at is fully downloaded, and can be streamed in Offline Mode.

Green icon with circling arrows:

This icon indicates that the particular piece of content you are looking at is still in the process of downloading.

You won't be able to stream that content in Offline Mode until it fully downloads, and the icon changes to the one with the downward pointing arrow.

If you are having trouble getting a particular station downloaded, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while your offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

How to listen to your downloaded content in Offline Mode:

To listen offline from your mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos